New Year, New You Challenge

Options

Replies

• nednevom
    nednevom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can I join too, SW 157, I'm going away the week before Christmas and want to look good in a bikini for a change.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Gretchen-

Could we add our height to the spreadsheet? That way we can compare people who are similar in size?

Thanks!
  • BrandyRelaxing
    BrandyRelaxing Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sign me up! That sounds like an achievable (but still challenging) goal... I can do 22 pounds before the end of the challenge! Let me know how you want to track the miles!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    weighed in...lets do this!! im trying to figure out how to calculate my mileage?
  • BrandyRelaxing
    Options
    I use Google Maps to check my mileage when I walk outside, and obviously, the treadmill does the work for me that way! The other thing I've seen is counting mileage by your length of your step.

http://walk4life.com/customerservice/forms_stepstomiles.aspx

There's one that you can use, but you'll have to measure your stride. This works well if you have a pedometer and need to calculate the mileage using the number of steps!
  • ahubbard134
    ahubbard134 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I want to play too! Friend request-ing
  • KimberCee
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to do this, if it's not too late? I just joined the site today, and could really use this to motivate me :)
    If it is too late, are there any other challenges you'd suggest?

Thanks so much!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to see so many new members! I apologize for not replying to every post. Today has been hectic at work. I did send messages to all of the new members and everyone has been added to the spreadsheet (I think).

At the request of jlmoore...I've added a column for height. Great idea btw! I have some tweaking to do on the spreadsheet to do all of our calculations, but I'll get that done...I promise!

I can't believe how big our group has gotten, and I'm sure it will continue to grow!!!

We've got this!!!
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I joined just in time, yay!! I'm so excited to do this... let's go! :happy:
  • kp_88
    kp_88 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I would love to be involved! I just logged on the actual site for the first time today. I'm not exactly sure how this works, but I LOVE challenges!
  • MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!
  • BrandyRelaxing
    Options
    To all the challenge buddies - feel free to add me, it's a lot easier to support and encourage each other when we see the news feeds from each other!

Brandy
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!!!

Sorry to miss out on yesterdays posts- but it was a long weekend for me and no internet at home. I am SO looking forward to this challenge to kickstart the year. I admit, I have been present- but not doing my best. I think this challenge is just the thing to get me going. I entered my starting weight and the spreadsheet calculated my ideal loss- and let me tell you, I was a little intimidated by the number. I haven't been able to keep these three pounds off(just keeping gaining and losing the same three)- to see that I am expected to lose SIXTEEN is a little challenging to say the least. I've decided to just concentrate on one week at a time though.

Anyone else feeling like that?

:)

Cris
  • vegasaims
    vegasaims Posts: 128
    Options
    Can I join too? This sounds like it is totally something I can accomplish!
  • JMcElrath23
    JMcElrath23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to join this Challenge!!!! I want to have someone challenging me to keep me accountable so this will work. Feel free to add me to your friends list so we can keep up on each other's progress! :):happy:
  • JMcElrath23
    JMcElrath23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Since I am new to this what do I need to do and I'll need to be added to the spread sheet. Let me know thanks!!

10460507.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • rwetzel319
    Options
    im in!
  • bmd1011
    bmd1011 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi all. So glad to see the new members :) HOw is everyone doing today?
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    I have a big midterm tonight at 8, and spent most of yesterday studying. I was sad that I couldn't get any extra mileage in (outside of normal every-day around campus stuff)...but you can bet I'm going to make up for it after my exam! I'm going straight from it to the gym for some much needed endorphins and relaxation....and miles :D
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I have a big midterm tonight at 8, and spent most of yesterday studying. I was sad that I couldn't get any extra mileage in (outside of normal every-day around campus stuff)...but you can bet I'm going to make up for it after my exam! I'm going straight from it to the gym for some much needed endorphins and relaxation....and miles :D

Good luck on your mid-term!!!