Vitamins (are multis overkill?)

Options
2»

Replies

• jnettiedotson
    Options
    [/quote]

"If the democrats had their way, food and nutrients wold go to only those on welfar, everyone making over $15,000 per year would have to stand in line for cheese."
    [/quote]

Not that I'm even about to get into a political argument on MFP, but your comment, in my entitled opinion, is the stupidest **** I have ever read in my entire life....and that's saying a lot, just so you know.
  • andyloosbrock
    andyloosbrock Posts: 175 Member
    Options

"If the democrats had their way, food and nutrients wold go to only those on welfar, everyone making over $15,000 per year would have to stand in line for cheese."
    [/quote]

Not that I'm even about to get into a political argument on MFP, but your comment, in my entitled opinion, is the stupidest **** I have ever read in my entire life....and that's saying a lot, just so you know.
    [/quote]

Says the liberal. I guess to each their own.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Not really. Generally your body will use what it needs and flush the rest.
    Untrue. Vitamin D for instance is toxic in overdose, so care should be taken.

Why are you taking two multivitamins? Unless they are multivitamin and mineral, containing a lot of calcuim, they are almost always one a day.

You would need to take 100 times the recommended dose of Vitamin D every day for several months in order to see any type of toxic effect. Toxic effects have only been shown in doses higher than 50,000 IU's a day for several months, and some studies have shown no toxic effects at high doses. Too little or too much of anything can be a bad thing.

Also, a lot of the better multivitamins break their daily doses into several a day.
  • jnettiedotson
    Options

[/quote]

Says the liberal. I guess to each their own.
    [/quote]

I'm not liberal or conservative...but more importantly, I'm not stupid!