Pumpkin Pie Milk Shake

Options

Replies

• stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Shake-001.jpg?t=

Serving = 8 oz/ 1 cup
    (nutrition is using Great Value cool whip light ... and is already included)

Calories: 153 ................ Carbs: 24 ................ Fiber: 6 ................ Fat: 4
    ................ Protein: 4 ................ Sugar: 12 ................ Sodium: 57

Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
    15 oz Can Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin (NOT pie filling)
    2 cups skim Milk
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp nutmeg
    1/2 cup Splenda
    32 tbsp cool whip light

*** PREP ***
    I like my milk shakes THICK...almost like ice cream. So I froze the pure pumpkin the night before. I recommend doing this if you like thick shakes, otherwise it will be somewhat thin and runny. HOWEVER! I suggest freezing it in a ice cube tray, and not in a baggy like me. Otherwise you'll end up stabbing at it with a butcher knife trying to get the damn thing in smaller chunks so it doesn't kill the blender. :grumble:

Alright...so after you have ice cube sized frozen pumpkin... we can move on... lol

Directions
    1) Throw everything into blender (except cool whip!) , and mix until shake consistency. (If your blender is ghetto like mine, slowly add the frozen pumpkin so that it can process it).

2) Pour into cup, and top with 8 Tbsp's of cool whip light. (as you can see in the picture this doesn't actually look like very much, I think its because its so heavy. But dang it, I like a lot of cool whip on my pie! )

Enjoy! :drinker:

Note - You could probably save quite a few calories by buying the canned whipped cream. It is not as heavy and thick as cool whip, so you seem like your getting a lot more. Also, the splenda is optional. I just felt like it need to be sweeter.

1 cup may seem small, but it tastes JUST like pumpkin pie, and is actually very filling. I can't really imagine being able to drink more than 1 cup without getting pumpkined out. :sick:

I'm so going to have this! Thanks
  • lachicadelfuego
    lachicadelfuego Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Redheadedsunshine
    Redheadedsunshine Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    This makes me want to cry tears of joy. :indifferent:
  • hoop77
    hoop77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yummy!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • svanhoecke
    Options
    Bump
  • atucker_mom
    atucker_mom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bump....I can't get enough pumpkin these days and it is killing my calorie count! Pumpkin spice latte....pumpkin ice cream.... anything pumpkin and I am there. I have a recipe for pumpkin spice bread pudding from SkinnyCrockPot.com that I can't wait to try. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    This will be something that I will hide from others I am sure! :love:
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy
  • meganmcg77
    Options
    Just what I needed since I haven't been able to quit thinking about the sign at DQ that the blizzard of the month is Pumpkin Pie! Can't wait to try this!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    That sounds soooo yummy! I'm going to try that this weekend and maybe add some liquor to it. LOL. =)
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    bump
  • thomasdyre
    thomasdyre Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    pumpkin yum
  • versuga
    versuga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    OK, am I the only person that read this and immediatly thought ....

OOOOOHHHHHH add some Bailey's Irish Cream!

LOL!!!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    bump....I can't get enough pumpkin these days and it is killing my calorie count! Pumpkin spice latte....pumpkin ice cream.... anything pumpkin and I am there. I have a recipe for pumpkin spice bread pudding from SkinnyCrockPot.com that I can't wait to try. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

You know I will be making this Angela. You better share your pumpkin recipes missy!
  • ThinspiredButterfly
    ThinspiredButterfly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    My husband has been wanting the pumpkin pie milk shake at Sonic and I keep telling NOOOO! He will love this! Thanks
  • helma123
    helma123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    yum!