Moving over from WW

Options
rsj206
rsj206 Posts: 36 Member
Hi Everyone! I'm going to try out MFP for a while and give weight watchers a break. I like numbers, and based on the week of tracking I've done so far, it's easier for me to work with real numbers rather than "points".

I'm a really active, healthy(-ish) person who needs to get her snacking and love of beer under control. I'd love to connect with others who need support and encouragement.

-Becca

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I used to do WW as well, and find the nutritional information here on MFP much more interesting and educational.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I too used to do WW -- but switched to MFP about three months ago - it's way better! And much more practical - you can track the nutrition info you're given - as opposed to figuring out points, and it teaches you how to look at all nutritional values - NOT JUST POINTS.
  • Whitnit809
    Whitnit809 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey Becca! I literally just cancelled my membership to WW today. I've been on MFP for about a week and I'm sold. This place is awesome, everyone is so friendly and supportive. You're right--it's easier to count calories than points. It's just simple! Feel free to add me! And welcome!

Whitni :)
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I <3 BEER too! im trying to be good and not drink for a while but its so hard
  • JMB3698
    Options
    Totally agree with everyone that this MFP is much easier and straightforward. Just started last week Friday and so far am loving it! Looking forward to meeting my 1st goal of losing 47lbs! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • smarterthanyoda
    Options
    If you REALLY like numbers, you might want to check out the Hacker's Diet. It was written by an engineer, not a doctor, so you might want to skip over the parts about nutrition and exercise. What I really like is the weight tracking. Instead of just saying, "Only weigh yourself once a week" it uses statistics to make sense of the daily fluctuations. It's pretty geeky, but if you're an engineer-type who's into analyzing it can give your brain something to keep itself busy.