GNC's Womens Ultra Mega Active

Options
Hey ladies! Do any of you take the GNC's Womens Ultra Mega Active *Energy & Metabolism* vitamin pills? Just wondering if any of you had noticed any change / increase in energy or if these do help. Thanks! :)

Replies

• ashreneeknutson
    Options
    I took them and threw the 2nd bottle away. My dr told me not to take any multivitamin that had values of more than 100% because too much can be harmful to you. I told her I was taking the GNC ones and she told me to throw them out and buy the general Total Multivitamin from Walmart...a lot cheaper and a lot better for you is what she told me.
  • Redness82
    Redness82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump- I have talked to a few ladies that highly recommended them, but I haven't taken them myself..
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I took them and threw the 2nd bottle away. My dr told me not to take any multivitamin that had values of more than 100% because too much can be harmful to you. I told her I was taking the GNC ones and she told me to throw them out and buy the general Total Multivitamin from Walmart...a lot cheaper and a lot better for you is what she told me.

There was just a story out (I'll link at the bottom) that confirmed this. Anything over 100% is actually not good for you. In fact, if you have a balanced diet, any amount could be harmful (emphasis on COULD). I haven't looked into the science completely - but it is a long range study which gives it a bit of credence.

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/10/8256866-some-common-vitamin-supplements-could-increase-death-risk-study-finds
  • mbnharrison
    mbnharrison Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I found an overall energy increase which was especially helpful for keeping up with a toddler. I noticed that overall I have more energy and less mood swings when taking the ultra mega but I don't know if that's mind over matter. :wink:
  • kdchick99
    kdchick99 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I was told not to take them by my doctor and instead said a good prenatl instead? She said since I'm trying to lose weight and cutting out alot of the red meat I eat that my iron will go down too much. (I have low iron as it is, FYI). Since I have been taking them I feel better and my hair is growing like MAD! Basically, each person is different so talk with your doctor.
  • JanetTerry
    JanetTerry Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I LOVE them. I dont know why another post above said "bottle" because mine arent in a bottle. Mine are 7 pills in daily packs so maybe they are talking about something different? Well, I have been on them for a month now and I LOVE them! There have been a few days I forgot to take them and could feel a difference. IMO they are wonderful. And I lose parts of a pound every day!! GNC had them on sale buy 1 get 1 half off. Feel free to add me as a friend and message me if you have any other questions about them!
  • ashreneeknutson
    Options
    I LOVE them. I dont know why another post above said "bottle" because mine arent in a bottle. Mine are 7 pills in daily packs so maybe they are talking about something different? Well, I have been on them for a month now and I LOVE them! There have been a few days I forgot to take them and could feel a difference. IMO they are wonderful. And I lose parts of a pound every day!! GNC had them on sale buy 1 get 1 half off. Feel free to add me as a friend and message me if you have any other questions about them!

Mine came in a bottle which is why I said bottle. I'm sure they come in many packaging forms, as a lot of stuff does.
  • tachy84
    tachy84 Posts: 1
    Options
    I been on this pills for 3 days now and I been feeling good others then the bad taste and big pills .... The only bad thing about this pills is that it gives you so much energy is sooooo hard to catch your sleep .. So I do recommend them but take them early in the morning after your breakfast meal ... I can't say much about the weight cause it has only been 3 days but I do feel I don't get hungry like I used too during the day .. So far so good will see what happen I have one question do you know if its normal to pee yellow when taking this pills ???????????????
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    My sister did and didn't notice a difference
  • Desitweety
    Options
    I've been taking the GNC brand 7 pills in a pack..I have a lot more energy than ever! It dont me jittery or sick my hair and nails are rapidly growing ;) and i've lost 3lbs and have not been exercising lately...but hopefully starting again soon