Recipe Swap Week 2

Options
2»

Replies

• inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    So I made the recipe from insky....with several changes.

I used pork as my meat instead of ground turkey (my DH doesn't like ground meat)
    I used a homemade sauce that DH did - peanuts, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, and the lime from the recipe - it was quite good
    I used udon noodles instead of raman - they turned out well and soaked up the sauce nicely.

So my meal was a bit different but same types of flavors ;-)

It was quite a bit, caloriewise, thanks to the noodles (and wine we had to drink)....nearly 500! But very filling and good flavorwise. Similar to things we've made before but the twist of lime was good and we will probably try that again.

I definitely want to remake this and try it with udon noodles!
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    I made the stuffed chicken tonight and it was great!

I did make a few adjustments though, because it meant I didn't have to buy anything for tonight's meal. Instead of the sun dried tomato pesto, I used plain basil pesto. Also, instead of goat cheese I used feta. The flavors melded together well.

IMG_6168.jpg

I served the chicken with Garlic Wine Green Beans: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/garlic-wine-string-beans/detail.aspx

I really wish I had some nice bread to go along with it, but I'm going out of town this weekend and trying to buy minimal food before then!
    This was really easy, but tasted fancy.
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I made the stuffed chicken last night. I did use goat cheese (local) and sun dried "tomato tapenade" (which was basically paste with spices). I added some lemon pepper, dried herbs, and baked for only 20 minutes. I served with pan cooked brussel sprouts and wax beans as well as quiona. Very good meal, very very filling and the goat cheese/chicken/tomato taste was amazing when cooked together!

(PS, how do I add pictures to posts?)
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    pixie, you have to upload it somewhere like tinypic.com or photobucket.com
    Then you copy the html direct link and then you type in

[img**]URL PASTED HERE[*/*img]
    Just make sure you take out the *'s and it should work!
  • stefnicole
    Options
    I made the stuffed chicken tonight. I used part-skim ricotta instead of goat cheese. I served it with some sauteed zucchini. I thought it was good, but not really spectacular, so I probably won't be making it again. I thought the chicken needed a little something else - maybe a marinara sauce?
  • all_or_nothing67
    Options
    Please add me!!
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Please add me!!

added you :)
  • stefnicole
    Options
    I'M SO BEHIND ON MY COOKING!!

I made the hoisin noodles this past week. I used chicken breast instead of turkey, used only 2 packages of ramen noodles, and used 4 cups green beans and a zucchini. I thought this was delicious. This might join my rotation. It's such a flexible recipe, you can just sub whatever is on hand. Thanks for the great recipe!