Whole Boneless Pork Loin?

Options
Nonibug
Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
Anyone have a good healthy recipe for one? Ive got one thawed out to make for dinner tonight and Ive never made one....any suggestions? Thanks guys!
~Roni

Replies

• Nonibug
    Options
    Anyone have a good healthy recipe for one? Ive got one thawed out to make for dinner tonight and Ive never made one....any suggestions? Thanks guys!
    ~Roni
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    oven roast it with a a bit of garlic salt/powder, lemon pepper, and maybe a couple other spices of your liking, that's how i always do them anyways
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Do you have a crockpot? I like putting mine in with some italian seasoning and maybe some carrots and potatoes and letting it cook all day. I also make some green veggies to go with it. Yummy!
  • Venusjems
    Venusjems Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    you could cut it up in little chunks with some mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, tomatos.. and make kabobs
  • hallusmc
    hallusmc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Adobo-Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Grilled-Pineapple Salsa

Super yummy - it is spicy - so if you don't like the heat cut back on the chipotle peppers

The pork is 194 cal per serving and the salsa is 36 cal per serving

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=600677
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I put it in the crockpot with some K Cmasterpeice (bbq sauce) then shred it for sandwiches. Very yummy...Cook on High for at least 4 hours or low for 8-10 + You can eat it with coleslaw, but I have it on a whole wheat bun with tomatoes and pickles...MMmmmm
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Thanks for the great suggestions! Its way to long/big to fit into a slow cooker...would putting it in my roaster be ok? Some great ideas here, thank you!:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni
  • Tanya761
    Tanya761 Posts: 146
    Options
    This recipe is absolutely awesome!

Ingredients
    1 Pork Tenderloin
    2 tsp Sage
    2 tsp Rosemary
    2 tsp Thyme
    2 tsp Marjoram
    2 tsp Garlic
    2 tsp Roasted Red Pepper
    Salt and Pepper to taste

3 Red Apples, cored and chunked (1” cubes)
    1 Red Onion, Chunked (1” cubes)
    2 Tbsp Brown Sugar

½ Cup Apple Juice
    ½ Cup Maple Syrup

Combine all spices. Rub on surface of pork, cover and refrigerate 6-8 hours, or overnight. Place roast in pan. Mix apples, onions, and brown sugar. Place around roast. Mix apple juice and maple syrup. Pour over roast. Cook in oven at 325* for 1 ½-2 hours (1/2 hr per lb). You can also place in slow cooker on low heat for approximately 8 hours. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes.

1/5 of roast: 288 calories, 4.7 g of fat, 53.7 g of cholesterol, 75.3 mg of sodium, 558 g of potassium, 43.2 g of carbohydrates, 19.6 g or protein, 3.3 g of dietary fiber, and 18.8 g of sugar.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    cut off a chunk of it that is enough to feed your crew (for my house, thats about 4 lbs). Start by searing it in a pan. add a tiny bit of olive oil and turn it again and again so all sides get seared. you are not cactually cooking it, just starting to seal in the juices. it should turn white, not brown.

sprinkle it with your favorite spices.

put it in the oven at 375 for the first 20 minutes. drop the temperature to 300, open up the oven and baste the top of it with your favorite sauce ( we use a combo of BBQ, teriyaki, lots of other glaze-y type sauces mixed together) set the timer for 20 more minutes. when timer goes off, turn it over, and baste the other side of it. then set the timer for 20 more minutes. (total time spent in oven 60 min - 20 at high temp, 40 at lower temp)

when it comes out, let it sit for about ten minutes. Slice it into inch thick slices.

we make a sauce to pour over it, by combining apricot jam and bbq sauce. zap that in the microwave and drizzle the meat with it.

YUMMO
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Sounds YUMMY! Thanks for all your help guys, dinner will now be awesome tonight:flowerforyou:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i forgot to add put in some shopped onion and garlic as well
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    cut off a chunk of it that is enough to feed your crew (for my house, thats about 4 lbs). Start by searing it in a pan. add a tiny bit of olive oil and turn it again and again so all sides get seared. you are not cactually cooking it, just starting to seal in the juices. it should turn white, not brown.

sprinkle it with your favorite spices.

put it in the oven at 375 for the first 20 minutes. drop the temperature to 300, open up the oven and baste the top of it with your favorite sauce ( we use a combo of BBQ, teriyaki, lots of other glaze-y type sauces mixed together) set the timer for 20 more minutes. when timer goes off, turn it over, and baste the other side of it. then set the timer for 20 more minutes. (total time spent in oven 60 min - 20 at high temp, 40 at lower temp)

when it comes out, let it sit for about ten minutes. Slice it into inch thick slices.

we make a sauce to pour over it, by combining apricot jam and bbq sauce. zap that in the microwave and drizzle the meat with it.

YUMMO

I'm with lucky, I usually buy a boneless pork loin and then cut it up and weigh into 4 oz portions (there are only two of us though) and it is actually alot when you put it with alot of veggies. I too use light bbq sauce along with adobo or no salt spices plus a bit of balsamic vinegar (it thickens things up nicely) along with Walden Farms' sugar free Balsamic & Italian dressing. I also found a Jenny o turkey tenderloin or breast (was packaged like a tenderloin - apple cured?) and it was excellent too!