Plateau...help

Options
I have seemed to plateau'ed in my weight loss. What have you done in the past to get over this?

Replies

• cazjosjac
    Options
    Keep doing what you are doing and you may find next week, you lose more than usual. It happened to me one week I stayed exactly the same, the following week I lost 4lbs.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    For me every time I've stalled I've increased my calories which started the loss moving again.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    How long is this plateau of yours? I switch up my exercise routine..change up my eating patterns as well...
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Kill those calories! (Calories - tiny little creatures that live in your closet and sew your clothes a tiny bit tighter every night)

J/k... but I've been stuck fluctuating up and down about 4 lbs for the past like 2 weeks. I think it's starting to come down a little bit, but definitely is annoying!! ugh. I'm switching up my daily calories.. maybe I'll confuse something and kickstart the loss again.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    How long is it since you lost weight? It might also help if you opened your exercise and food diary.
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    It may help if we could see your food log. Can you make it public?

Are you eating enough?
    If you set up MFP right to start with then the daily calorie goal that MFP gives you already has a calorie deficit built in to lose weight. That said, you should eat close to the calorie goal MFP gives you each day including eating back most of your exercise calories. If you are too far under your daily calorie goal you are very likely to cause your body to hang onto the fat it has by either slowing down or even stopping fat loss. It may not happen right away but eventually you will most likely plateau. If you have a lot of weight to lose you can probably get away with it longer but as you have less to lose your body will plateau easier. May sound counter-intuitive but that's just the way it is.

How much weight do you have MFP set to lose each week?
    Most reputable health care professionals, and this site, recommend losing 1 pound per week. At weight loss rates greater than 1 pound per week a person is more likely to lose muscle mass in addition to fat. As you lose muscle mass your metabolism declines making it hard to continue losing weight and harder to maintain your weight when you reach your goal.
  • Kristin9902
    Kristin9902 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    it has been a couple weeks since Ive lost anything. I will open up my food log, I guess I didnt realize it wasnt open for those to see. Thank you for your advice guys!