Options
2»

Replies

• Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Thank you again for the info
  • Mkrug221
    Options
    I'm not a huge breakfast person. During the week I have a hardboiled egg and a banana when I get to work. On Sat and Sun I go to the gym first thing in the morning and cannot eat before I go. By the time I get home it's almost noon so I usually just have lunch. Sometimes I'll eat a string cheese on the way home from the gym. I just cannot eat a lot first thing in the morning.
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My 'breakfast' normally consists of the skim milk in my coffee. Usually around 1 cup total of skim milk. I seem to be doing fine. :-)
  • gailashton
    Options
    I invite all my friends to check out my diet. It only takes a few minutes Love oatmeal, omelets. check it out! Take the time for yourself. Then again, I get up around 3 a.m. some days 2 a.m. and don't eat until 6 or 7 so sometimes it's lunch for breakfast. Just get it in.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Breakfast doesn't do anything magical for your metabolism... That's a myth that's been propagated by so many people, but there's really no science behind it. I do one form of intermittent fasting (there are many forms), so I don't eat anything until at least noon.

THIS THIS THIS, especially the top part. (And short feed windows rule).
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    It's a MUST for me, body tells me once I get out of bed, when are you going to feed me. I've improved my metabolism so it now calls for food at intervals beginning with breakfast. As noted below many people have different ways but protein within your meals is recommended, especially if it can be over 10g.
  • allymorin
    Options
    i eat breakfast 100% of the time. oatmeal is just so delicious <3
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat breakfast, I work out at 9 am after the kids go off to school.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting is safe and most of the studies I've read found little difference between the body's reaction to it and regular caloric restriction. The only concern I've seen was in a study of Muslims during Ramadan in which the study noted that the fasting subjects were sleepier during their fasting period.

There is truth however to the value of having a good meal roughly 2 hours before working out. There are a number of studies on this that discuss the rise in overall energy levels that resut in an overall more productive workout session. I've actually tried this for myself and have noticed a definitive difference. I used to prefer working out before eating, but have since learned to plan a solid balanced (in terms of fats, carbs and proteins) meal a couple hours before my workouts. I kept track of my production each day and did find conclusive evidence that I worked harder on days when I have a meal first.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting is safe and most of the studies I've read found little difference between the body's reaction to it and regular caloric restriction. The only concern I've seen was in a study of Muslims during Ramadan in which the study noted that the fasting subjects were sleepier during their fasting period.

There is truth however to the value of having a good meal roughly 2 hours before working out. There are a number of studies on this that discuss the rise in overall energy levels that resut in an overall more productive workout session. I've actually tried this for myself and have noticed a definitive difference. I used to prefer working out before eating, but have since learned to plan a solid balanced (in terms of fats, carbs and proteins) meal a couple hours before my workouts. I kept track of my production each day and did find conclusive evidence that I worked harder on days when I have a meal first.

IMO this is largely personal preference. Plenty of Martin's clients and other IF'ers (Leangains protocol) report better performance fasted. Not saying you are wrong, just saying that I think pre workout nutrition is largely personal preference as it pertains to workout performance.
  • pearlymae
    pearlymae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    bump
  • krissykross
    Options
    I eat it 99% of the time, even if it's just a piece of fruit. I usually eat it before my morning walk.
    It took me a bit to get used to eating breakfast (I was never big on it) but now I feel so much better after my morning meal.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    99.9% of the time I do. If I miss it, it is on the weekends and I got to sleep late (which RARELY happens.) I have found that it makes a HUGE difference the rest of the day.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I only eat if I'm hungry. Eating a meal that you don't really want just because you think you should doesn't make sense.
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    I was never a breakfast person, however now that I am eating it (it might be as simple as a smoothie) I find it helps me. I usually eat oatmeal at work (1/2 cup oats 1 cup almond milk 1 egg, heat up almond milk and pour over oats and egg in thermos). Now that I try to eat smaller meals I find it works very well. Before I would starve myself until 10 am then eat whatever (usually something not very good or healthy). Now that I plan out meals and take them with me it really helps.