Healthy nut

Options
I've never eaten nuts before, but I've heard they're a great snack. What should I try first that won't spend all my calories?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Nuts are high in fat and calories. So unfortunately they will use a chunk of your cals. BUT they are so good for you :]

The best I would say are walnuts, i think that nothing tops them :D so full of omega 3s :D
  • brynakrauth
    Options
    Nuts are a great source of healthy fat. BUT.....be careful........a little goes a long way. You need to measure your portion or you'll blow your daily calorie limits. I eat almonds, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pine nuts, you name it. My only and best advice is be sure you count out the number of nuts you are going to eat. Like 10 almonds or 1/8 cup of something. That way you won't over due it.
    Nuts are great on salads in lieu of croutons. Try it out.
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    I love almonds and cashews. but as stated above they are quite calorie dense.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    nuts are wonderful.
    i just love them.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Pistachios are the lowest in cals and fat - as per the commercial, I never double checked.
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Almonds and walnuts...incredible snack with a piece of fruit...especially after I work out.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    If you are talking health wise.............cashews, peanuts and pistachios rank among the worst nuts to eat.

Walnuts, almonds, pecans and especially macadamia nuts are among the healthiest to eat.