Hi I'm new here

Options
Hi, I've been using this app since April. I've lose 30ish lbs so far. I am having a very hard time now. I gain and lose the same 3 lbs for at least a month now. I love to workout (spinning, elliptical, ramp etc). I am 42 and have 4 kids ages 19, 16, 15 and 12. I am hoping to find people to follow and get ideas and inspiration from. I am hoping adding friends will help me be accountable! :) I would love to lose 10 to 15+ lbs more.

Cheryl

Replies

• babygirl0311
    babygirl0311 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to yell at you when you don't do well if you think it will help! We have four kids too... 12, 9, 7 and 5....HELP!!! You might be able to inspire me more than I do you but hey, we could be coaches for each other. I have almost been doing it for a month I believe and I have lost 9 lbs...not earth shattering amount but I'll take it! Was that normal for you as well?
  • Vanilla30
    Options
    I'm new too, about 5 days so far...because I've yo-yo'd for years what is happening to you sounds like you've hit a plateau. I'm not doctor, but you need to change your exercise routine; that's what helped me. I'm hoping to lose 40+ lbs in the next year and I find this app very incouraging. Keep up the good work
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    Welcome to the site and our warm community. =)

Feel free to add me if you require nutrition or workout advice.
  • cheryl330
    cheryl330 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes it has been very slow going for me too. I exercise a lot and I am very careful with my food. My metabolism is shot! I have to work that much harder to get where I want to be. And yes, I would love the support! :)
  • Granny1227
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here too. Maybe we can help each other. Add me as your friend.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl! Welcome. Those last 10 pounds were the hardest for me too. I know you can do it. Feel free to add me as a freind!
  • lublin1987
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me
  • cchilton300
    Options
    I just joined site today. I have 75 lbs to lose. It all seems overwhelming but guess I have to start somewhere. Been working out for over 15 years at least 5x a week--elipitical trainer, weight training and spinning classes (plus bike on the weekends). Working out is not the problem. Eating is. I eat too many of the wrong things. Nearly 60 years old and dr. is now afraid in another 5 years I will be diabetic. Trying to avoid that scenario. Any push from the members here would be a help! I see a nutritionist on a weekly basis at our local hospital. So, please no nutritional advice. :smile:
  • Greenwellj
    Options
    Good luck to you. I am almost 40 and I found I had to reset my metabolism from years of being unhealthy. I feel better now than I did in my 20s.
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    How did you "reset your metabolism"? I'm 40 - and I definitely struggle in that area....! :-)
  • cheryl330
    cheryl330 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's great. What did you do to reset your metabolism? I really need to figure that out! :)
  • groovylittlerockstar
    Options
    I am sort of new. I have been on the site a few months ago, but fizzled out. I have dieted my whole life, up and down and am at my heaviest. I just joined again about 4 days ago when a co-worker said she was starting my fitness pal. It does help to have company. I am a nurse working 12 hour night shifts with two boys age 16 and 11 and a husband. Sometimes we are so busy at the hospital and ER that we go all night without eating and then splurge on junk when we have time which isn't good....and then it may be very quiet and we eat all night which also isn't' good. Always up for new friends to help and who I can give support to as well!:flowerforyou:
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    FR me, I'm in my 40s with lots of kids
  • lauradee
    lauradee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have been here for a long time, not much weight loss but maintaining without gaining. I am finding that adding lots of friends for encouragement and support is what is helping the most right now. I have not been totally honest with myself by not logging every bite. I have only cheated myself so I now say "if you bite it write it". I have added several of you and hope that I can be a good support for each and everyone of you.