Burn Calories at Work

Options
Hey everyone!
I was wondering if anyone had a good idea of how many calories I am burning at work. I spend the whole day on my feet taking orders and then walking back and forth between the cooks and the counter. If I do that for 3 hours straight, how many calories do you think I burn? By the end of the day, it feels that I just had my workout..:smile:

Let me know what you think!

Kristina

Replies

• tinanicole
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I was wondering if anyone had a good idea of how many calories I am burning at work. I spend the whole day on my feet taking orders and then walking back and forth between the cooks and the counter. If I do that for 3 hours straight, how many calories do you think I burn? By the end of the day, it feels that I just had my workout..:smile:

Let me know what you think!

Kristina
  • MyAngelAndMe2
    Options
    :glasses: if you go to exercise and type in walking, it gives you options for how fast. From there you can add how many hours u do this....hope it helps
  • marjaso
    marjaso Posts: 2
    Options
    Buy a pedometer
  • tinanicole
    Options
    Well I put in walking at 3.0mph for just 60 minutes and it told me I burned like 300 calories, which was more than I thought I could have burned at work. That's what I was confused.

Marjaso, I am going to buy a pedometer! Thanks
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Other options...
    If you have an ipod nano/touch/iphone you can get the nike+ kit for it.
    Your best option would be to use a heart rate monitor through the day and see.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    If this is work, and you do it several days a week, it should have been included when you set up your profile. Remember when you had to select your activity level? I have a sit down job, so I listed mine as sedentary. Having a job as a server, where you're on your feet and moving around, I probably would have put it as an active lifestyle.