I know it's supposed to be all natural & healthy but.....

Options
I really love this site because it really encourages us to eat right and exercise BUT I still take a metabolism booster on a regular basis. Call it a bad habit I'm trying (not all the hard) to break or a necessary evil to aid in weight loss.
My question is.... I'm not the only one right? And if I am...how bad can it really be?
If you take something to speed alnog your weight loss, what is it? Is it an all natural variety or a diet pill?

Replies

• hipbonesthighgap
    Options
    Hi :)
    I've been looking for a good metabolism booster. What do you take?

xxxx
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I have tried Hydroxycut and all it did was make my skin break out really really badly!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    My intent this "time" is do what I can manage for the rest of my life.....I do not want to take any supplements for the rest of my life. If it is working for you and natural...then I would think you would be comfortable with it.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i have and just started again take oxy elite pro, have had good sucess on it in the past (40 pounds in 3 months)

though you will mostly get blasted on this site
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    You mean a laxative? =)
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to tell you that you are right or wrong to do so. Personally, I found that eating better and exercising does the job that the metabolism booster I used to take did. If I take it now, I feel jittery. Maybe you'll stop, maybe you won't. Up to you. :-D

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AdventureFreak
    AdventureFreak Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have used metabolism boosters before but for me when it comes down to it the best way for me to lose weight is by doing it the old fashioned way. All the pills, fads, and quick fixes I have tried offer limited benefit, if any, and enable the wrong mindset for long term success. Today it is lots of working out, lots of eating right, and a multivitamin that work the best. My head is in the game this time for the long run too.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I understand the temptation (I've had to tell myself to put them down many times), but they're really not good for you--especially for your heart. Typically they increase your metabolism by increasing your heart-rate. So dangerous when you're not under a doctor's supervision!! I wish there were "safe" ones to take, but it's really not the case.

If you want to boost your metabolism naturally, increase your cardio/strength training, eat spicy foods as well as foods high in fiber and protein--most of all, DRINK WATER! It's amazing how much these all help!

Good luck!!!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Green tea is the only "metabolism booster" I use.
  • CoachNYLA
    CoachNYLA Posts: 129
    Options
    tell me, what do you consider a metabolism booster? do you mean a "fat burner" - one of the best ways to boost the metabolism is to increase the enzymes in your muscle tissue by resistive weight training (weights/bands) which is increase your body's ability to burn fat more efficiently but only effective if you eat a clean food plan.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I take Phen, every couple of months to help boost the weight loss. Bascially I weigh-in and my dr tells me weather she thinks I should use the month after or not. I currently have not used it since August. But it does help and is controlled by a doctor.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Ya'll know that "Metabolism boosters" have been debunked, right?

They are just a crapton of caffeine. Which does the job, for sure. But you could get the same effect with a 5 hour energy.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My trainer just got me to purchase DotFit's LeanPak 90. I haven't started taking it and I have no idea if it actually works, but I'm looking forward to seeing if it has any results. I'm doing the Biggest Loser competition at my gym so I can use the extra boost (probably wouldn't have purchased it otherwise). We'll see!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I take D4 Extreme from GNC. I don't really believe that it speeds up my metabolism- but I hate the taste of coffee and limit myself to cokes on the weekend. So-it's a great caffeine kick!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    i have and just started again take oxy elite pro, have had good sucess on it in the past (40 pounds in 3 months)

though you will mostly get blasted on this site

I agree you'll get blasted here...but I've used OxyElite Pro and love that product. It really gives you an extra boost of energy for your workouts!
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Green tea is the only "metabolism booster" I use.

Me too!
  • JoleneCooper
    JoleneCooper Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Me too with the Oxy Elite Pro but I am also taking a womens mega metabolism and energy vitamin, eating 1200 calories and drinking at least 8 glasses of water. It works but the vitamin and water help a lot too!!
  • IjaLynn
    IjaLynn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I understand how tempting those diet pills can be but i would suggest going without them. Losing weight is more than about dropping the pouds its about a heathy lifestyle. Naturally, is best and COMPLETLY safer! :)
  • Maff87
    Maff87 Posts: 39
    Options
    I've never heard of metabolism boosters, what success has anyone had weightloss-wise whilst using them?
  • patter10
    patter10 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Man, I've tried Green Tea pills and Jacked (not at the same time) To shread some weight real quick. The green tea never worked and Jacked made me jittery (and sick to my stomache). Needless to say, diet is 80% of any weight in, the rest is exercise.