New Year, New You Challenge

Options

Replies

• GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    This group is getting bigger and bigger by the minute...I love it!!! I am so excited for this challenge. The motivation that I feel from everyone is just amazing!!!

We're gonna rock this!
  • cnkan0119
    cnkan0119 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I was starting to lose my motivation but this challenge is just what I need to make me accountable! Count me in!
  • MelanieSkittle
    MelanieSkittle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    ~bump~ I'm in
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Love seeing the group grow!!
  • VeggieAngel2011
    Options
    How do I sign up and how do I post my weight now and weight loss and weight goals? Please accept my friend request as well...

Holly
  • dmplz123
    dmplz123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This is perfect to kick start my new re-commitment! Please accept my request so that I can participate.
  • SUgrad04
    Options
    I'm in! Am sending the FR now.
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    We are officially at 80 members! Seriously? I so can't believe it! I am so excited and am doing my walking every day and logging my food every day.

Thanks to everyone who has joined so far and thanks to those who will still join in the future.

We have posted a mini-challenge for the week involving food. Here's the topic so you can check it out if you haven't already!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/364844-new-year-new-you-week-1-mini-challenge

Bring on 2012 baby!!!
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!!!

Sorry to miss out on yesterdays posts- but it was a long weekend for me and no internet at home. I am SO looking forward to this challenge to kickstart the year. I admit, I have been present- but not doing my best. I think this challenge is just the thing to get me going. I entered my starting weight and the spreadsheet calculated my ideal loss- and let me tell you, I was a little intimidated by the number. I haven't been able to keep these three pounds off(just keeping gaining and losing the same three)- to see that I am expected to lose SIXTEEN is a little challenging to say the least. I've decided to just concentrate on one week at a time though.

Anyone else feeling like that?

:)

Cris

I feel the same way! I have beeen halfheartedly working at it, but just like you I've been battling the same 3 pounds up and down the scale. I think seeing the number I am shooting for will help me. It's not a huge amount to lose, but 8% will make a HUGE difference!

Good luck!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Good morning all!!!

Sorry to miss out on yesterdays posts- but it was a long weekend for me and no internet at home. I am SO looking forward to this challenge to kickstart the year. I admit, I have been present- but not doing my best. I think this challenge is just the thing to get me going. I entered my starting weight and the spreadsheet calculated my ideal loss- and let me tell you, I was a little intimidated by the number. I haven't been able to keep these three pounds off(just keeping gaining and losing the same three)- to see that I am expected to lose SIXTEEN is a little challenging to say the least. I've decided to just concentrate on one week at a time though.

Anyone else feeling like that?

:)

Cris

I feel the same way! I have beeen halfheartedly working at it, but just like you I've been battling the same 3 pounds up and down the scale. I think seeing the number I am shooting for will help me. It's not a huge amount to lose, but 8% will make a HUGE difference!

Good luck!

The numbers can be intimidating...trust me...I know! Please remember that it's a goal. It's something for us to reach for. I picked 8% and that gives me the need to lose almost 23. When I calculated it I almost changed it...or dropped out. LOL But we can do this. We're here to help each other through this. I know the holidays are super tough on me with the food and a lot of inactivity. I'm glad you all are here with me to get through this!
  • dianeargie
    Options
    Great Challenge! I am in !
  • skinee4life
    skinee4life Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to join in!!! Is it too late?
  • KristenY18
    Options
    I would love to join too :D
  • neancoop
    Options
    Just what I need :) I am so in!!
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Would love to be in this challenge add me!!
  • ShelleMcM
    ShelleMcM Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I came on the message boards looking for........motivation and a challenge! Count me in!! :happy:
  • oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    Count me in!!!
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm new to MFP as of yesterday! So any help would be great! :)
  • helsbels80
    helsbels80 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Can I join? This is my first post and first challenge, not sure I understand what I got to do though. Help! :-)