Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss.

Options
Has Anyone ever tried it? Braggs is the brand that's supposed to be the best. Anyone care to do a 30 day test run with me? :)

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    No. Snopes debunked it.
  • kari1740
    kari1740 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What is it supposed to do?
  • Thelma6658
    Options
    what's it about?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Sour rubbish.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    okey dokey what do i do next?
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    It's apparently a natural thermogenic. Whether or not these actually work is debatable and moreover, even the ones that have some ounce of evidence that they actually DO work, are minimal in effect at best.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    frozen yogurt enemas work 10 times better
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    frozen yogurt enemas

^ i've been looking for a sig......
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I was under the impression that it was a diuretic, not a fat loss tool. Hrm... Either way, I don't think anything really comes close to exercising and eating right.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    No. Snopes debunked it.

I can't find that on Snopes, can you provide it?

Also, raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar with the "mother" has been proven time and again to lower blood sugar levels, resulting in people eating less. It also has a ton of other beneficial health properties.

I have been sipping diluted Bragg's twice a day for a few weeks now and love it.
  • Twitchy109
    Options
    It's supposed to help with weight loss. But it also has TONS of health benefits so the way I look at it is, why the hell not? You're supposed to ingest one tablespoon before each meal in a glass of water. But the organic stuff is a must. Needs to be unpasteurized.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    What are you going to do on this 30 day test run?
  • ShellBell4281
    ShellBell4281 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I took apple cider vinegar twice a day for over a year and I didn't lose an ounce. My reasons for taking the vinegar weren't weight loss, it was acne. It cleared my face up quickly and kept the new breakouts at bay.

Great stuff!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

I thought it was popsicle suppositories. Huh. The more you know.
  • Twitchy109
    Options
    I plan on taking one tablespoon before each meal, continuing with my healthy eating and one hour of walking a day plus 30 minutes of strength training.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to help with weight loss. But it also has TONS of health benefits so the way I look at it is, why the hell not? You're supposed to ingest one tablespoon before each meal in a glass of water. But the organic stuff is a must. Needs to be unpasteurized.
    gotcha, i'll start tomorrow
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I plan on taking one tablespoon before each meal, continuing with my healthy eating and one hour of walking a day plus 30 minutes of strength training.

I don't think that changes the fact that it doesn't work. :flowerforyou:
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I took apple cider vinegar twice a day for over a year and I didn't lose an ounce. My reasons for taking the vinegar weren't weight loss, it was acne. It cleared my face up quickly and kept the new breakouts at bay.

Great stuff!

Really? Where can I purchase it and what brand did you use? I have been fighting acne since I was 12 and even as a 22 year old professional mother I cant beat it! I use pro active but still it comes so I would be down to try this from someone who has had results
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

Those work for weightloss?!?!?! I was just doing it for fun! Bonus!
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

It can be hard on your mouth and throat, so diluting it quite a bit is considered the best way. It's also supposed to work better if you ingest it over a period of time.

I have really grown to like my mug of cold water and vinegar.