Any girls 19-25 Struggling with those last few pounds?

Options
2»

Replies

• runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    *waves*

Similar issue, the scale hasn't really moved in six weeks. :/ I'm okay where I'm at but I'd like to be even better, gosh darn it. It's a matter of focus at this point.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and struggling with 30 pounds lol.............. :)
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Are you ladies SURE you should be losing as much as you want to lose? Like I posted above, if that person lost that last 10lbs she would be in the mid-teens in bodyfat. (assuming my math is correct).
  • tompetty
    tompetty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    21, and just sort of struggling in general. :) ha ha.
  • Haz89
    Haz89 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 22 and I'm just starting, I need to do this for me. Congrats on losing 27lbs! Any tips on how you made it to a 27 lb weight lost?
  • karenbobaren
    karenbobaren Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a whole 30 lbs to lose, but I am stuggling and a bit bummed because I should have reached my goal weight by Hallowee now I've pushed it until the end of the year. I refuse to begin the new year a size XL.
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    @Jeff - I am 26 and have body fat (according to my scales which isnt very accurate) of 26.8% and weigh 148lbs. I want to weigh 140lbs (or ideally 138lbs) and have body fat of around 20-24%. xx
  • frankiesats
    frankiesats Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i'm hoping to lose about 14lb more to get me back to a pre-illness weight! Feel free to add me :) xxx
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    @Jeff - I am 26 and have body fat (according to my scales which isnt very accurate) of 26.8% and weigh 148lbs. I want to weigh 140lbs (or ideally 138lbs) and have body fat of around 20-24%. xx

Very nice. Very well thought out plan.
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    soooo i was reading through some nutritional stuff today and i came across something in regards to plateaus? thought id share it incase it helps any of you:)

You’re trying to lose weight

You need calcium.

“I just can’t seem to lose those last few kilos” is a complaint many of us have had in our fitness endeavours. You may be surprised to find out that something as simple as boosting your calcium intake can help shed kilos of unwanted body fat. Research indicates that calcium plays a direct role in suppressing appetite with low levels of calcium stimulating hunger signals from the brain.

RDI levels

The RDI for calcium is quite high and set at 1,000 mg a day as Calcium absorption may be reduced by excessive caffeine and alcohol, soft drinks containing phosphates and diets high in animal proteins. Calcium is also continually lost from your body each day through your skin and nails, sweat, and urine.

The Sources: A cup of high calcium milk, cottage cheese and yoghurt all make excellent calcium sources.