Lunch ideas that are low in protein and fat

Options
Hello I've only been doing this a couple of weeks.

I'm fine at keeping my calories down but struggling with keeping the amount of protein and fat I have down. If anyone could recommend any simple meals to have at lunch time it would be much appreciated. I think I am having too much bread. I usually just have a sandwich at lunch time. Open to all ideas :)

Thank you,
Clarice x

Replies

• digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    why do you want to keep protein and fat down?
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your high on protein? I only ask cause you specified having too much bread, which would be carbs not protein.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you would want to limit protein but if bread is your problem try one of the whole wheat low carb tortillas instead. They are about 70 calories and some of them are really good. Sara Lee also has a light bread that is 45 calories per slice and actually pretty tasty.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hello I've only been doing this a couple of weeks.

I'm fine at keeping my calories down but struggling with keeping the amount of protein and fat I have down. If anyone could recommend any simple meals to have at lunch time it would be much appreciated. I think I am having too much bread. I usually just have a sandwich at lunch time. Open to all ideas :)

Thank you,
    Clarice x

Carbs can potentially hinder weight loss, no so much with protein.
    Slight confusion here.
  • digitalsteel
    Options
    Try this: http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/recipe_Gluten-Free_Pizza_Crust.htm I make them extra thin and use them as wraps. They are super tasty.
  • ClariceDancer
    Options
    Hello, sorry you can tell I'm new to this then.

I am not sure what it is then. when I put in what I've had for the day it always says my protein and fat intake is too high on my fitness pal. I'm always under on carbs. And thank you for the replies really helpful :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    MFP sets the protein really low. You can go in and change it manually because your body can use more protein than MFP says.
  • digitalsteel
    Options
    I agree, I set mine at 35%
  • 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    MFP sets the protein really low. You can go in and change it manually because your body can use more protein than MFP says.

Agree!! Protein is set pretty low, so it is fine to go over it.
  • ClariceDancer
    Options
    Thank you this has helped me a lot, I couldn't figure it out. Was having small meals and the protein was still over. I won't worry about it too much then