Help! The scones are calling!

Options
The scones in the downstairs cafe are calling me! It's my first week really watching my calories (since about a year ago) and I've been so hungry! I only have the last 10 pounds to lose but they have been the hardest. I just had some really good oatmeal for breakfast just over an hour ago and I've got a banana sitting here but I'm so tempted to go for the scone. Help! This has been a daily thing... getting so hungry...

Replies

• sembrede
    sembrede Posts: 8
    Options
    The scones in the downstairs cafe are calling me! It's my first week really watching my calories (since about a year ago) and I've been so hungry! I only have the last 10 pounds to lose but they have been the hardest. I just had some really good oatmeal for breakfast just over an hour ago and I've got a banana sitting here but I'm so tempted to go for the scone. Help! This has been a daily thing... getting so hungry...
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Oh, you mean the scones that have rabbit poop in them?? And those sugar crystals -- weeeelllll, they're not sugar. DON'T EAT IT!!! Hope that helps :tongue:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    eat your banana . . . you dont need the scone, you want to be healthy and lose those last 10 pounds, you will do it, but not if you eat that scone, stay away from it :wink:
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.
  • kgiovanniello
    Options
    Don't eat the scones...check out the panera bread website. the scone are 530 calories! :frown:
  • cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hope this helps.....

To burn the calories in Bakery: Scones, Blueberry ( it says this is 400 calories), you could do any of the following:

111 mins of walking 46 mins of jogging 33 mins of swimming 61 mins of cycling

Is this worth it?
  • sembrede
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

Haha I love it! I'll just keep thinking that way!

Anyone have suggestions for the hunger? 1200 calories is hard the first couple weeks!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    eat lots of veggies....make sure you get lots of fibre and with that drink lots of water.

You will be fine.

And as to those scones? Tell them to shut up!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Chug lots of water.... fills you up....
    :ohwell:

I feel your pain on the last 10 lbs.... that took me many months to lose (I could still go for a few more lbs too).

...And can you have the scone on Friday morning for breakfast or lunch? Just factor the calories in!
    :flowerforyou:
  • katkat
    katkat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can totally see why ytou are losing weight. You have figured out how much work it takes to burn it off. What a great strategy!!!!!!!!!!! I need to start using this too. thanks
  • sembrede
    Options
    Thanks again All. I ate my stinkin' banana and had some water and now I think I'll make it unitl lunch. That was a big help. I felt kinda stupid asking but now I feel so much better! I've never had this support before and I think it will make such a big difference for me.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    If you are feeling hungry all the time - take a look at what you're eating...maybe adding in more fruits and veggies and reducing something else that's not quite as nutritious. Water always helps make e feel fuller too.

Way to avoid the temptation - give yourself a big hug!
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    man do I share your pain. I get to work and all I can think about is all the goodies at Dunkin Donuts (which is in my building!!) I stare at my banana and nalgene and wish for a coffee and muffin!

it's hard in the beginning to watch calories...i feel hungry! i think it's because i'm thinking about food too much. Eating should be natural, not so much mind work...right??
  • sembrede
    Options
    man do I share your pain. I get to work and all I can think about is all the goodies at Dunkin Donuts (which is in my building!!) I stare at my banana and nalgene and wish for a coffee and muffin!

it's hard in the beginning to watch calories...i feel hungry! i think it's because i'm thinking about food too much. Eating should be natural, not so much mind work...right??

Absolutely. I actually took a 9 month hiatus from calorie counting after I got married because it was driving me nuts! My whole self-esteem was based on how many calories I ate... which I usually would go over so that wasn't good.

I'd get in a negative feed-back loop where I'd eat too much, panic, then restrict for a day or so... then get so hungry and eat too much again! So I gained a few pounds back and decided to just take a break! I was able to focus on eating when I was hungry and eating healthy foods. I actually maintained my weight all through the winter doing this without beating myself up!

So now I'm back and I want to keep my focus on healthy foods. I don't beat myself up if I go over my 1200 calories as long as I read my log and see that it's lean proteins, complex carbs, and primarily fruits and veggies. I know it will be slow, these last 10 pounds, but I just can't drive myself crazy anymore! Sometimes you just need to get out of your own head, haha. That's what I like about this site so far... if I was all alone I'd talk myself into the scone and then feel guilty later and beat myself up. So thanks for getting me outside my own head!