Whats your go to snack/meal when you feel starving??

Options
So today and yesterday I have felt soooo hungry. Although I have done a great job at staying just about at my calories I feel so hungry all day my head hurts. My questions is when you feel starving or hungry all day long what do you eat? What helps curb your hunger???

Replies

• Biancalee76
    Options
    A fiber one bar, and a huge glass of water.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    Half PB & J on whole wheat.

Trail mix.
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Cream of wheat with margarine and lite brown sugar. I love that stuff. Low cal, very filling, and typically with lots of water (in the morning, it has to be coffee or things just don't go well)
  • funauntsherry
    funauntsherry Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    nuts or peanut butter for sure... they work for me anyhow!
  • Anabelle321
    Options
    half a bag of newman's own pop's light butter popcorn, delicious w/ about 100 cals a bag
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Increase protein! I have been wrapping a lowfat string cheese (mozerella) in low fat smoked ham deli slices. It is around 150 calories, and fairly high in protein. I heat it for about 10-15 seconds. Very yummy. Fiber is also a great choice for feeling fuller!
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Big glass of milk
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Protein! Chicken or fish are good. Sometimes beef is what I need.
  • melhort
    melhort Posts: 31
    Options
    A fiber one bar, and a huge glass of water.
    Agreed! I just tried a fiber one bar for the first time the other day and they are filling! And pound that water!!!!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Black beans! I've been eating them the last two days and I don't even WANT dinner...again. lol
  • suzyluzy
    Options
    Quakers Instant Oatmeal - Apples and cinnamon! 130 cal, takes 2 minutes to make, delicious and filling!
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    a whole cucumber with skin cut up and spring mix salad (app. 1 to 1 1/2 cup) with Light Kraft Italian dressing. All just 90 calories. It takes me a while to eat this because of the cucumber slices which is why it fills my up, since I"m eating slow it gives my body time to tell me it's getting full.
  • rttempleton
    Options
    Between meals I snack on fruit, fiber one bars, low calorie chocolate pudding or no fat kraft cheese slices on premium plus whole wheat crackers. Any of these snacks with a glass of water keeps me from ever feeling hungry. When I go to have lunch or dinner I eat less because I don't feel hungry.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Caramel rice cakes or a Fiber One brownie.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Increase protein! I have been wrapping a lowfat string cheese (mozerella) in low fat smoked ham deli slices. It is around 150 calories, and fairly high in protein. I heat it for about 10-15 seconds. Very yummy. Fiber is also a great choice for feeling fuller!

^^^^ This - protein - every time - tuna, chicken, ham, eggs, cottage cheese, low fat yoghurt...... laughing cow cheese triangles - anything as long as it has protein ........and then green tea or water :-)
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, almonds or pepitas, and an apple, some berries, or other fruit.
  • aab2011
    aab2011 Posts: 49
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the ideas. I am just adding back in carbs to my diet and I think that is what is making me so hungry. I think higher protien snacks is what I need.
  • katgriff
    katgriff Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    12 almonds (no more!) or a small tub of Greek yoghurt (often with a handful of berries and a tablespoon of flaxseed)... bye bye hunger :-)
  • tmacs
    tmacs Posts: 60
    Options
    String cheese!
  • JLee1892
    JLee1892 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Def agree with the greek yogurt!! Its soo filling! Oh, and Hummus!!! Hummus always fills me up and its sooo yummy!