Please Pray for My Surgery!

Options
13»

Replies

• Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Really!? One year ago I underwent a double mastectomy with reconstructive surgery following a breast cancer diagnosis and chemo, etc. Surgery Is just not something that I would ever elect to have. It's potentially dangerous, and the recovery time sucks. As unhappy as I was with my small breasts, I wish I had them back healthy instead of these implants.

My mom had the same thing done when she got breast cancer for the second time. It was super painful for her (mainly the stretching part) and she would say all the time: "I have no idea why anyone would do this just for bigger boobs."

To the OP - If I was a prayer, I'd pray for you to learn how to be less shallow.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I don't pray.

I *do*, however, think good thoughts for/about people undergoing trials.

I will not be using any of my feel-good vibes for you and your boobies. While I understand that surgery does pose risks, these are risks that you are choosing to undertake so you can...b!tch about buying bigger shirts?

My son's half-brother is undergoing heart surgery tomorrow...he's 20. I'll be sending out my positive thoughts out towards him.

Sorry.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    your all just jealous of her abs:laugh:
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    "I want the prayers because my illness/procedure is more serious!" Please keep going. This is better than watching Maury.
    Your avatar is simultaneously hypnotic and creepy.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

Lol! :wink:
  • akashastrega
    Options
    I am a cancer survivor. I would hope that prayers would go to others like me, who are dealing with a serious and life threatening disease, not a boob job. I hope your surgery goes well for you and that you find the self-confidence to not ever feel the need to augment your looks again. I am sorry if this seems cruel, but you are not asking that your breast surgery to remove a life threatening tumor goes well, you are asking that the docs don't screw up on your medication or give you lopsided titties. If it is such a concern that you feel the need to ask for prayers, then perhaps you should cancel the procedure nand instead spend the funds on a therapist.

I just read for profile info... I am happy you were able to beat it! I also wanted to wish you a Happy Early Birthday!! (I saw your b-day is tomorrow!) I hope you enjoy!!

Thank you so much!! I celebrated my 5th cancer-free "birthday" in May. I had cervical cancer and was at risk of having everything removed. Luckily my doctors decided on a really aggressive chemo/radiation plan that worked. Thanks to them, I will be 41 tomorrow.

To anyone undergoing breast surgery for health reasons, I say a prayer for you, your family, and your doctors.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

:laugh: :love:
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230
    Options
    o_0

I'm sad for you.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I'll pray for your husband, instead...

This this this.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Wow - The comments sure got brutal. Military wives do get lonely and feel alone when their husband is deployed. Nothing wrong with asking someone to pray for you no matter the reason. They can either do it or not do it. As for me, I don't like to judge and I have lots of prayers to go around. Hope everything goes well and you have a quick recovery. Hope your husband makes it home soon.
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Wow - The comments sure got brutal. Military wives do get lonely and feel alone when their husband is deployed. Nothing wrong with asking someone to pray for you no matter the reason. They can either do it or not do it. As for me, I don't like to judge and I have lots of prayers to go around. Hope everything goes well and you have a quick recovery. Hope your husband makes it home soon.

Ditto.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Sorry folks -- having been diagnosed with breast cancer just one year ago, I can't quite stomach this request. Instead I will send my thoughts to the women that are having breast surgery so that they can stay alive (Breast cancer is the most common cause of death in women aged 35 to 54).
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Sorry, lol, I do pray, but not for breast implants.:flowerforyou:

btw..what is wrong with your actual boobs?? They don't look super small...
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Sorry folks -- having been diagnosed with breast cancer just one year ago, I can't quite stomach this request. Instead I will send my thoughts to the women that are having breast surgery so that they can stay alive (Breast cancer is the most common cause of death in women aged 35 to 54).
    My aunt was just diagnosed with breast cancer last week. That's a big part of why this thread sickens me so. I'm glad you seem to have fought it and won!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I will pray for your boob job if you pray for my manicure. They always cut my cuticles and I worry about sepsis!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Several years ago I had a breast REDUCTION due to lower back issues. *sigh*
  • LewisFishman
    Options
    Your motivations are your own. I cannot begin to know what they are, even if it were my business. Just remember how beautifully you are created, and that you are already "all that"! That said, and without judgment, I pray a speedy, and easy recovery for you, and that you move forward with your life in grace and wisdom. And I hope the result is everything you hope for, and more--for your health and also your self esteem. Blessings!--LEWIS
  • dlei456
    dlei456 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I will pray for your boob job if you pray for my manicure. They always cut my cuticles and I worry about sepsis!

^^ This is hilarious. Maybe we could all pray for my next haircut also! :P

BUT, it seems like you are pretty young, Have you had kids yet? You know you are probably giving up breastfeeding with this surgery. They will be unable to benefit from your immunities and all the other nutrients that are found nowhere else. Breastfed babies tend to be healthier, leaner, more alert, and possibly have a higher IQ later. Or if the surgeon does leave some ducts and nerves intact, you will most likely have probably extra problems breastfeeding, which is hard enough already. Does your husband know you are giving this up?

Some mothers I know where devastated when they could not breastfeed. But oh well. Good luck with your surgery. It sounds super painful.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    You are seriously asking people to pray for you while you have elective surgery to get your tits enlarged? I don't pray, but if I did, I would certainly save my prayers and good wishes for people who were having life-saving procedures done, or for people who had to have surgery because of circumstances beyond their control.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but this is a choice you have made and this post reeks not only of self-absorption, but also of attention grabbing.

Good luck with your breast enlargement.
    Seriously. As someone who has repeatedly had life threatening non-elective surgeries starting when I was 3 years old, I can't help but find this offensive.

But yeah, good luck with that.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread, as well as offer a preview of some changes that will be debuted soon at MyFitnessPal. These changes are being made with the express purpose of allowing more leeway in terms of what users can freely post on the site.

The forum guidelines include this item:

13) Topics about politics, religion, atheism, or sexuality are not allowed and will be deleted. This includes posting images or signatures. Unfortunately, we have seen that topics about either of these subjects are highly likely to result in heated arguments and disputes. If you really wish to discuss any of these topics, please google political forums, religious forums, etc. - there are plenty of other places to express your views.

In the past, with only a small crew of volunteer moderators to help keep the dialogue on the site positive and supportive, Mike has reluctantly had to create a rule which disallows any posts about these potentially divisive topics. Mike would greatly prefer to allow all of these topics to be discussed on the site, but so far, we haven’t had the resources to moderate such topics in a manageable fashion. Often the tone of the original thread is harmless, but as the threads proceed, members participating in such topics have been subject to insults or attacks, feelings have gotten hurt, and in more instances than we would like, a moderator wasn’t able to step in quickly enough to prevent this from happening.

To help the situation and with the purpose of really letting conversation on the site blossom, two things are being done: the team is training more moderators, and the site will soon feature a new “Groups” feature.

With Groups, Members will be able to form their own groups and invite other members to join. Each group would have it’s own forum, and group forums would have much more leeway in the range of topics discussed. So, for example, you’ll absolutely be able to create a faith-based, or politically leaning support group and discuss the exact range of topics you’d like to discuss. Groups will be able to host a much more diverse and mature range of conversations, and because groups will be able to moderate themselves, we hope they’ll be much better at protecting some of our more targeted populations from unwanted hassle. We plan to heavily promote the existence of groups to all of our members, fostering strong participation and hopefully giving you exactly the community experience you are looking for on our site.

In the meantime, we appreciate your understanding. We’re committed to making MyFitnessPal a place where all members can communicate openly in a supportive, and positive environment that helps them to achieve their weight-loss and fitness goals.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14923-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

Ladyhawk00
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.