hair loss

Options
ok so this is really hard for me to post but for the past month my hair in the front has been thinning.... like fairly bad. there is no baldness in my family. the doctors tested my thyroid, and its all good. I recently started a very stressful job. the doctors also did blood tests, and they said everything with me is normal. Any input would be great

Replies

• Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Stress can cause issues. Try upping your protein intake with either beans or nuts. Your hair is actually made from protein so when you don't get enough of that it won't grow and can even fall out for no reason. Lower your stresses too.
  • McSnoozle
    McSnoozle Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Stress will find a way to show up in your body! That said, you're young (compared to me!) and this is probably just some strange blip. I know that when the seasons change, particularly in the fall, I notice a change in my hair for a few weeks. More comes out in the shower, for some reason. Keep an eye on it, and if it doesn't resolve or gets worse, PUSH your doctor to look further. Hair loss can be related to other illness. Good luck!! Try not to stress too much; the new job will smooth out in time. (I've only been in mine for 4 months, so I understand!)
  • rokikio
    rokikio Posts: 92
    Options
    Wish I had some insight for you on that because I have the same problem (you can totally see my scalp at the hair line) but have had the same answers as you have (nothing is wrong). Hopefully someone else on here will have some information.
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine had that problem, it was due to stress for her. She went to therapy for it and that helped, but overall it was to learn how to reduce stress.
  • kenimills
    Options
    I'm going to go with the group and say it might be stress. It could also be a vitamin deficiency. Get yourself a good multivitamin. You may also want to try vitamins for hair skin and nails. I take one from GNC that seems to help during high stress periods.
  • katyncal
    katyncal Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, yeah I think it must be stress. It seems to be tapering off now... I have had a lot of anxiety for the past few months, along with really bad periods so I think its all kindof linked.