How do you beat cravings.....?????

Options
I'm trying my best to keep busy, but I can't stop thinking about hot wings for some reason. I've been dieting for a little over a month now, and I've been very very good (in my opinion). I've changed alot of my old bad eating habits and replaced them with better ones...but this one won't go away..(lol) HELP!!

Replies

• JJAVON116
    JJAVON116 Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm trying my best to keep busy, but I can't stop thinking about hot wings for some reason. I've been dieting for a little over a month now, and I've been very very good (in my opinion). I've changed alot of my old bad eating habits and replaced them with better ones...but this one won't go away..(lol) HELP!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    first have a glass of cold water....that will slow you down..

if you still crave something

get naked and stand in front of the mirror....scotch tape the wing to your hip,,,,like the look? eat it...dont like the look...do some jumping jacks for 3 minutes and the craving will go away:smile:
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    ....scotch tape the wing to your hip

:laugh: LOL
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options

get naked and stand in front of the mirror....scotch tape the wing to your hip,,,,like the look? eat it...dont like the look...do some jumping jacks for 3 minutes and the craving will go away:smile:

Ok that was seriously seriously funny.. I totally will do that next time I am craving a chicken wing..I will then take a picture and post it for ya all to see...
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    A craving will only last 20 minutes unless you feed it by obsessing over it. Doing something physical will help alleviate the craving and speed up it's departure. :smile:

I was an addictions counselor for a bunch of years so I have helpful random craving knowledge.
  • JJAVON116
    JJAVON116 Posts: 41
    Options
    lol. thank you so much...laughing actually helps fight the cravings...:))
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Yummy...hot wings, but can't have the darn things...so this is what I do.

Celery & carrots (very cold and crispy)
    dip: 1 teaspoon fat free ranch or light blue cheese dressing & lots of Franks Hot sauce

Yummy, it takes care of my cravings...it's really the dressing and hot sauce flavor that I want. If it's the chicken, then grill a chicken breast for dinner and use the dip above.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Or you could have an alternative - like Chicken breast tenders baked with your favorite hot sauce - Walmart has a Buffalo Wing sauce that is great. Slash the fat and calories (and mess!) and still get the same great flavor! :heart:
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    Have a cup of green tea it banishes the cravings:smile:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    With a magic wand... :*( Hokay, obviously I'm out of magic AND wands. Here is what I typed a long time ago and it helps me keep in mind my goals. Good luck girlie!

Controlling Naughty Foods

A friend and I were talking about weight loss a while back. We both came to the strangest agreement about our favorite "bad foods"...

My favorite foods will always be there...
    I already know what they taste like, so I don't have to go back and "try it" at every opportunity...
    I can get that food when I have "earned" it, not when I just want it.
    My goal is health and love for myself, not this food.
    I think at the time french fries were my favorite. That would be my lunch, with a water. YUCK! What was I thinking? :laugh:

Now I remind myself that I already know how it tastes, and I can get it next time when I know it fits into my plan, and I want to be happy without regrets later. YUM! This thought process helps me look at my favorite items and keeping ME in control, not my addiction.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    With a magic wand... :*(

I love that!! :laugh: If I had a magic wand, I would be too busy to worry about food :devil:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

Good idea!! I really like this answer! I'll have to remember that but you forgot to say "wait for wing to cool off, THEN tape to hip or butt" don't want flesh burn! I'll need to do this with pizza ,enchiladas, etc...........
  • CassieNic
    CassieNic Posts: 223
    Options
    excuse while i stomp off the the bathroom to duct tape this lil debbie to my arm.

:laugh:
  • laird20k
    laird20k Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Come on here and begin to read a 13 page topic.. You may completely forget about supper, sleeping and breakfast tomorrow morning..
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    if you crave wings, why not bake some at home for dinner? I don't "give into my cravings" persay... but I do make them work for me. :flowerforyou:
  • emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The best thing for me is to drink a cup of water and then just go work out. I don't do this all the time of course but whenever I can. There was an article in Woman's World about this lady who boost her metabolism by turning her cravings into energy. Good luck.