Best things MFP has taught you?

Options
When I joined MFP almost 2 months ago I had hit a 2.5 month plateau that ended up being 3 months long. This site and the users of course helped me get through it and move on. My favorite thing MFP people have taught me is that doing a workout video can work and be very effective and they're super affordable. After I started here and I saw the 30DS results people posted I borrowed the video from my neighbor and never looked back. My only regret is not measuring myself before I started, but it helped me break through my plateau and I'm down 6lbs since being on this site (36 total since Jan 20th.)

I also love that the calorie counting keeps me on track and I feel I eat enough food and don't feel like I'm starving.

Replies

• jnettiedotson
    Options
    MFP has taught me that I can't track my food by myself, yet. It's also taught me that not all fat people are nice, LOL.
  • kh79
    kh79 Posts: 33
    Options
    The best thing MFP has taught me is that 'just a little' counts! :)

Just a little bit of exercise helps, just a little less on my plate helps, etc etc.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    You know what it taught me? That having a support system of positive people is more important than anything else when you are trying to do something progressive in your life no matter what it is.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    awareness
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Patience.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Monitoring my food intake every single day. Even if I go over at least I am aware and can pull it back.

But the support is awsome couldn't do without my friends cheering me on, it may be a long haul but you know you are not alone on the journey.
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    That I needed to eat to lose weight!
    A support system is invaluable!:heart:
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I kept up vvith my food,but MFP gave me a family I didn't have to support and understand. I love the DVD thing too and seeing hovv it does for others. I am on 30d shred and didn't measure,but great results.
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Good luck
  • JohnFurie
    Options
    I would have to agree with Sharon, the support sysytem is something I never had before and it really makes a difference. And I now think as food as fuel for the body instead of just another meal..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MFP has taught me that i can eat everything in moderation!

It has also taught me that you can achieve pretty much anything (smokin' hot abs for example) you just have to work damn hard!
  • PVMcHugh
    Options
    MFP taught me how to eat what I want, but in moderation. Having a community of people with inspiring stories and goals is a great motivation for eating right and exercising every day.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    It's taught me to pay attention to portion size! A bowl of cereal is NOT the same as a PORTION of cereal! :noway:

It's also taught me to love exercise. This is nothing short of miraculous.
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    MFP showed me exactly how much junk I used to eat.
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    MFP taught me how easy it is to count calories...introduced me to my new best friend Jillian Michaels...and brought me out of denial about my behavior and stopped me from going down a distructive path!!
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Watching what you eat really helps. The ability to see everything I eat at one time really makes me think about do I want to eat that. I have been able to plan my day of meals and see what the effects will having. Also reading the sucess stories has pushed me to completing my goal.
  • aishabeazley
    Options
    ..i think the best thing ive learnt is that there are other people out there like me, that even though im obese im not alone. Other people understand what im feeling! I enjoy reading the forums and other peoples stories they motivate me to do my best..i see alot of people with bigger goals and obstacles than me, so seeing them achieve their goals make me mine feel achievable too!!
  • jooles0
    jooles0 Posts: 47
    Options
    * That I CAN workout and workout hard!
    *That I should buy a HRM monitor (best thing I did)
    *To start baking again without flour this time, have made sooo much, its great!
    * The 30DS, am on on day 25 now and I LOVE IT so so much.
    *Foods I've never tried before.

More than anything I have been introduced to some FANTASTIC and support people who are helping me with kind words every single day.

LOVE IT HERE!
  • cnkan0119
    cnkan0119 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have learned that tracking helps you be accountable of what you are eating. It wasn't until I really started tracking that I learned how many calories I was actually consuming a day. I have also learned that genuine support can come from people you don't even know personally.
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    MFP has taught me so many things

1) I was eating so many empty calories
    2) If I eat properly and workout I will lose weight
    3) I don't have to do it alone
    4) Strangers are there to give advice some good some bad but they do care
    5) What works and what doesn't
    6) If you fall off the wagon you can recover
    7)I can be full and lose weight
    8) Difference between whole foods and possessed
    9) Some people eat crap (I used to be one)
    10) Eat your meals don't skip and snacking is good