Weight gain with proper exercise and diet?

Hi all,
I'm quite concerned. I've been happy with my progress lately where I have been losing a pound a week.
This morning I stepped on the scale and I had somehow gained 5 pounds?
That seems impossible to me because I've been working everyday and I haven't gone over my calorie limit either.
How is this possible.

Your ideas would be wonderful.

Replies

• water weight. sodium intake. constipation.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    He he he... Did you get into something salty? :happy:
  • If you have been eating a lot of protein or if you have been doing weights that could be contributing to it. It could also be water weight. Hope it all works out!!!
  • Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    if you have been eating properly there is no way you have gained 5 pounds overnight. Are you a lady? If so is it time of the month? lol the only other thing I can think of is too much salt the day before in which case drink lots of water. Are you drinking enough water?
    Are you constipated at all? Sorry for the probing questions....
  • Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Im wondering how too much protein could make you gain weight to the poster above?
  • Have you been watching your sodium intake. To much sodium can cause you to retain water.
  • Freedom1220
    Freedom1220 Posts: 2 Member
    My guess in monthly cycle. The scale show 3-5 pounds heavier if I am just a week before, then the next week, I lose it and then some. Wait and see what it looks like next week. Do not be discouraged! Let it motivate you to get s few minutes more exercise.
  • This is exactly what happened to me when i started on MFP 3 weeks ago. it will go down if you think its TOM.
  • thanks everyone for your ideas.

i'm pretty sure i know what's going on right now.

Thanks for giving me hope! (:
  • IrisGarcia86
    IrisGarcia86 Posts: 27 Member
    OMG I have been feeling terrible because i jumped on the scale on Monday and it said i gained a 1.5 pounds. I am sooo scared to jump on it again. Ickkkk.....I think this is the week before my monthly present....so I will wait and step on the scale next week. I feel you I am totally discouraged right now...but trying to fight though this!