Quick & Easy Fall Bfast-Gluten Free

haepifeet
haepifeet Posts: 20 Member
Just made this breakfast this morning--YUM!

I used 1/2 cup Trader Joes gluten free rolled oats with 1 cup water, microwaved for 2 minutes, stirred, then microwaved for 30 more secs.
Added 1 tbsp Trader Joes pumpkin cream cheese and stirred in cinnamon and nutmeg.

Quick and easy and only 190 cals!

Enjoy <3

Replies

• ginny1214
    ginny1214 Posts: 338
    Just made this breakfast this morning--YUM!

I used 1/2 cup Trader Joes gluten free rolled oats with 1 cup water, microwaved for 2 minutes, stirred, then microwaved for 30 more secs.
    Added 1 tbsp Trader Joes pumpkin cream cheese and stirred in cinnamon and nutmeg.

Quick and easy and only 190 cals!

Enjoy <3

Omg yum! I didn't know joes made a gf oatmeal!! I need to invest in more gf stuff,move been bad lately and my stomach is hating me
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    We don't have Trader Joes up here in East Artichoke. Wish we did... it would be awesome. Maybe I'll try it with regular cream cheese and pumpkin pie spice. I like vanilla protein mixed with pureed pumpkin and spices for a quick shake.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    thank you for the recipe, I too didn't know there is such a thing as GF Oatmeal will check out TJ"s on Thursday. Thanks for sharing

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • haepifeet
    It just came out in their Frequent Flyer this month--I was pretty excited for it!
  • Yum! That sounds like a great fall breakfast! Thanks for sharing :-)
  • haepifeet
    That's a great idea for regular cream cheese and pumpkin spice--creative solution!
  • Amayrial
    Amayrial Posts: 139 Member
    oooo that sounds fantastic!!
  • oatmeal is a gluten free food, the issue becomes when it is processed with other gluten containing grains at the factory where it can pick up traces of gluten. gf oatmeal is just specially processed on separate machinery. if you're just avoiding gluten for the most part, plain old quaker oats are just fine :) but if you need to stay away from all gluten, TJs and sprouts are 2 awesome chains. sprouts is doing 25% off all of their gluten free products for the rest of the month.
  • We don't have Trader Joes up here in East Artichoke. Wish we did... it would be awesome. Maybe I'll try it with regular cream cheese and pumpkin pie spice. I like vanilla protein mixed with pureed pumpkin and spices for a quick shake.

We don't have Trader Joes around here either. I put vanilla protein powder into my oatmeal already so I'm going to try adding the puree and spices next time.