Omlette Idea

Options
I need some ideas!

I have 11 grams (?) of fat left and only 500 calories for my dinner. I have decided on an omlette but my usual cheese, tomato and choritzo with 3 eggs would send me over...has anyone got any filling ideas that have only a little fat content that i could add to my omlette to make it filling?

Thanks!!

Replies

• paravision
    Options
    Mushrooms! <3
  • stanchfielda
    Options
    Hey! I love omelets! My favorite one to make that also is easy on the waist line is.. one whole egg, and two egg whites (the egg whites help cut back on fat and calories but still add substance and are filling), spinach and mushrooms! SO Tasty! I don't know if you like artichoke hearts or not but those are also great to add! Good luck!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Have you tried just doing egg whites??
  • mfpgeezy
    Options
    i make omelets with egg substitute, spinach, turkey, and ham.
  • paravision
    Options
    Peppers.Take the cheese out. Use egg beaters :o)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    2 eggs, 2 cups broccoli with some kind of sauce or cheese. Personally, I scramble it with some low-fat buttermilk and seasoning. It's extremely low-cal. About 240.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I usually do a1 whole egg plus 2 white egg omelet stuffed with 1/2 cup of mushrooms, 1/2 cup of green pepper and some shredded cheese (usually pepper jack)

Broccoli and cheese omelet is really tasty too!
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    I need some ideas!

I have 11 grams (?) of fat left and only 500 calories for my dinner. I have decided on an omlette but my usual cheese, tomato and choritzo with 3 eggs would send me over...has anyone got any filling ideas that have only a little fat content that i could add to my omlette to make it filling?

Thanks!!

Use egg whites for the omlette and dish the cheese and choritzo, plus you can add some other veggies.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    If you like the cheesy taste, try adding a Laughing Cow wedge. You get cheesy flavor without all the fat. Or leave out the cheese altogether and throw some salsa on top!
  • delliam
    delliam Posts: 16
    Options
    Saute some spinach, mushrooms, fresh broccoli, and Pico de Gallo in a little evoo... add to liquid eggs,delicious.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    3 egg whites = ~50 cals
    1 egg yolk = ~50 cals

So the eggs are only 100 cals (and I can't tell the difference in the 2 missing yolks) saving you ~100 cals just in the eggs.

Kraft 2% shredded chedder is excellent. ~80cals for a 1/4 cup (I think) but I don't use the whole 1/4 cup

Chorizo is almost 300 cals for a single link right? Use microwave bacon (or turkey bacon) in the omellete. 4 slices of Oscar Meyer microwave bacon is ~ 70 cals.

So in total you get an omelette for about 250 cals....

*Shrug* I don't know anything (and I can prove it) but this is what I do...

Good Luck

ZH
  • EmpressPat
    Options
    When I make an omelet I use whatever leftover veggies I have. Or, if not, I'll use spinach. I keep little boxes of frozen spinach in my refrigerator. I've used asparagus. Actually, any green veggie would be fine. And, if you are a big cheese lover like me, get the 2% or lo fat variety. An egg substitute like Better than Eggs has 0 fat content. I know this wasn't much help for "last night", but maybe next time.
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    My go to is mini omlette muffins. They are around 100 calories a piece (i usually eat 2 with a piece of toast and im full for the rest of the day.) You can add anything you want this is my version.

Makes 6 mini omlettes in a 6 hole muffin tin

2 whole eggs
    6 egg whites
    6 slices reduced sodium bacon cooked and crumbled (you could use turkey bacon or sausage)
    1/2 cup fat free cheddar cheese
    1/8 cup water
    salt and pepper (i use a little garlic salt and cayenne)

We have made a version with potatos too. also yummy!!

spray tin with cooking spray, mix all ingredients and bake at 350 for about 18-20 minutes until eggs are done.

YUMM!!!! Put leftovers in a baggie and microwave in a moist paper towel for a quick snack!!!!

Enjoy! :o)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    My go to is mini omlette muffins. They are around 100 calories a piece (i usually eat 2 with a piece of toast and im full for the rest of the day.) You can add anything you want this is my version.

Makes 6 mini omlettes in a 6 hole muffin tin

2 whole eggs
    6 egg whites
    6 slices reduced sodium bacon cooked and crumbled (you could use turkey bacon or sausage)
    1/2 cup fat free cheddar cheese
    1/8 cup water
    salt and pepper (i use a little garlic salt and cayenne)

We have made a version with potatos too. also yummy!!

spray tin with cooking spray, mix all ingredients and bake at 350 for about 18-20 minutes until eggs are done.

YUMM!!!! Put leftovers in a baggie and microwave in a moist paper towel for a quick snack!!!!

Enjoy! :o)

I am so stealing this!! ☺♥☺
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    Thanks Guys some amazing recipes i can't wait to try...turns out we actually had tortellini for tea as we didn't have eggs and payday isn't until Friday. but i'm definitely going to try most of these in the future so thank you!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I usually do 1 egg and two whites. The last one I made I put in fresh chopped tomatoes, avocado, kalamata olives, and mozzarella.