New to the site and have a problem

Options
Hi all, i have been useing the site for about a month, but only to track my caloric intake and exercise. That part has been great, and i have lost 22lbs since last November. My problem is having a drink at night with dinner. My fiance and i typically have either a glass of wine with dinner or a beer before.

Anyone think this is going to eventually slow my weight lose? So far i have been eating less at lunch to allow for the extra calories.

Any suggestions? Comments?

Replies

• Luludog1
    Luludog1 Posts: 119
    Options
    Hi all, i have been useing the site for about a month, but only to track my caloric intake and exercise. That part has been great, and i have lost 22lbs since last November. My problem is having a drink at night with dinner. My fiance and i typically have either a glass of wine with dinner or a beer before.

Anyone think this is going to eventually slow my weight lose? So far i have been eating less at lunch to allow for the extra calories.

Any suggestions? Comments?
  • montanamomma
    Options
    I heard drinking slows metabolism and tricks your body into holding onto fat. I like a drink at night too, but have quit after hearing this. Not real sure if it will work.:drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love it here, if you don't already. I love it here. This is a great site. It is very supportive, helpful, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Luludog1
    Options
    Thanks, maybe i can start with every other night and slowly move away from the drinks all together...I too have heard it slows your metabolism...why is the good stuff soooo bad for us?:drinker:
  • Luludog1
    Options
    Thanks for the great welcome...this was my first post, so i am very happy with the response
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Oh BABY you're talking my language! :wink:

I have a vodka and cranberry juice and a glass of wine every night and more on Friday and weekend nights.

Now, I could cut it all out and I'd be taking in less calories a day obviously, BUT, I'm in this thing for life. And I enjoy a drink (or 5). SO I'm very aware of my portions, eat relatively clean, live with a vegetarian so therefore eat mostly vegetarian and do P90X.

I look at this as a lifestyle rather than just a quick answer.

I haven't answered your question but hopefully helped give you a different way to look at it?

:flowerforyou:

:drinker:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have not stopped drinking, just stopped over-drinking. I make sure I have calories for it, and it doesn't seem to have altered my progress:drinker:

Like another poster said, I'm in this for life, and I am not gonna stop drinking permanently, so I would rather make it across the finish line slow and steady, than go all overboard and heroic and lose momentum when I can't maintain an unrealistic plan-:flowerforyou:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I also enjoy a drink or two, i have cut down on them and when i do have some wine, or a drink or a vodka cooler with dinner or on the weeknds i just include it in my calories for the day. It has taken me about 6-7 weeks to lose the 12 lbs i have lost and i never stopped enjoying my drinks. i have also found lower calorie versions of what i like to drink, my fav was Smirnoff Triple Black, but at 253 calories a bottle 330 ml, i have found that i enjoy the Smirnoff Ice Light just as much since i know it has only 100 calories per 330 ml bottle.

HTH:drinker:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    having a drink won't kill your weight loss, having a couple could though. Add it into your calories, it's still a calories in vs calories out game, no matter how you slice it.