Getting morning protein...

Options
Hi-any idea on how I can add more protein into my breakfast/mid morning snack.. obvious ones are egg and/or protein powder I know. I don't usually fancy eggs in the morning (usually something like oatmeal is my preference) or smoothies. I have had oatmeal pancakes with a scoop of protein powder in, which works well, but I don't always have the time to prepare these and I do like a variety. I did try putting protein powder into my oatmeal, but it didn't work too well. Any suggestions?

Replies

• CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried putting egg white in with your oatmeal before you cook it?
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I have some ideas. Tee hee. :devil: :wink:
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean mixed with Greek Yogurt is a great start, peanut butter on a rice cake, or even protein shakes.
  • pmich08
    pmich08 Posts: 193
    Options
    I do half a cup of Fage 0% Greek Yogurt and it has 12 grams, you could add protein powder to it as well or use it in a protein shake. When I do that I hit about 35g of protein.
  • wulfgyr
    Options
    I have oatmeal every weekday and I put walnuts or almonds or even sunflower seeds in mine just to get a little more protein. Nuts do add a chunk of calories and my doctor said to keep them to a once a day addition due to that, but she also said they're a good source of fiber and monounsaturated fats as well as protein. I do the instant oatmeal packets (plain not flavored), 1/8 cup of walnut pieces and 2 cups of coffee with 2TBSP of flavored creamer and my breakfast runs 290 calories. I used to add raisins but my doctor said to avoid sweet tasting foods while I"m trying to lose weight.
  • trailgetter
    Options
    My husband adds chocolate protein powder to his Greek Yogurt in the morning...it tastes pretty good.
  • CoachsWife4
    CoachsWife4 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the Bolthouse Farms Protein drinks that are sold near the salads at our grocery stores. I am not a fan of powders and these are YUMMY for a morning 'treat'.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    *walks in, looks around* Too easy! *walks out*
  • katgriff
    katgriff Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Some good advice, many thanks. I will start experimenting over the next few mornings...!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options

I was thinking the same thing. :laugh:
  • philandrachel
    Options
    My husband adds chocolate protein powder to his Greek Yogurt in the morning...it tastes pretty good.
    This sounds FANTASTIC!
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried putting egg white in with your oatmeal before you cook it?
    A very good idea!!!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Natural yoghurt with lots of nuts and seeds in!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Some good advice, many thanks. I will start experimenting over the next few mornings...!

someone is a very lucky, lucky person.
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

HA!
  • katgriff
    katgriff Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    lol! :blushing:
  • Indy_Mario
    Options

*Austin Power's voice*
    O, behave! :tongue:
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing. :laugh:

Me too... resisting temptation...