I lost 213 pounds in 345 days

Options
Im 18 and from buffalo, I weighted 447 pounds on 11.1.10 and started going to my local planet fitness. All I would do is walk the treadmill on 4.1 speed & 15.0 incline, its tough but if you want to do something then it usually isnt easy, but i would do that for atleast a hour a day 7 days a week, then use the bike for 30 mins or eliptical machine. Then just do a simple arms and chest workout. i ate a 1500 calorie diet. I never ate butter, fast food, pizza or wings, or anything grease. I usually ate chicken breast with a side dish for dinner, Garnola bars and fruit threw out the day and atleast 1.5 gallons of water a day. NEVER drink gatorade, you dont need the calories, powerade zero is the way. I worked 35 hours a week too, so its not like I just had nothing to do, yes I am young but you can lose whatever you want depending on how bad do you really want it.

Replies

• CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Congrats ! All your hard work paid off! You must be proud of yourself!
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congrats........keep up the great work :)
  • econn
    econn Posts: 157
    Options
    congrats!! that's great :) very inspiring!!!
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    That's awesome, way to go!!!
  • stephiejones
    Options
    What a awsome job dude! Congrats on all of your hard, you should be real proud of yourself!
  • Mom2ACJC
    Mom2ACJC Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Way to go. What a wonderful story of encouragement. Keep up the great work!!!
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing weightoss! You are right about working hard at obtaining ones goals!! Well done :)
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    amazing :) so proud of you
  • JasonD334
    JasonD334 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great job! Not eating pizza and wings in Buffalo is a success in and of itself. I have a buddy who owns 4 pizza places up there (Primas), and it's really hard not to indulge in that stuff. -- Great work with losing the weight; what are your goals now? Your age may have helped some, but you still did the work, so hopefully you've proven to yourself that you can do anything you put your mind to!
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    So great and inspirational!!! Fantastic job!
  • bunnyb11
    bunnyb11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!! MY HATS OFF TO YOU FOR YOUR MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT......YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME SO MUCH BY JUST READING YOUR STORY. I AM ON THIS JOURNEY JUST LIKE YOU DID AN AM TRYIN TO GO ABOUT IT AT A SPEED THAT WONT STRESS ME TO MUCH.....THANKS AGAIN FOR SHARING AS YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME TO GO THAT EXTRA MILE TO REACH MY OWN PERSONAL GOAL..............

GOD BLESS!!!!
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    That was some serious commitment, something which you don't get in many people your age. You should be really proud of the strength you found to do, the determination and effort you gave to the cause.

I couldn't work out for that long every day so hats off to you!
  • tsmerka
    Options
    Uhhh my goals are to get down to 215 and join the marines or army. After you get to the gym your already there so to just work out for 20 minutes is pointless to me, Everyone will always say you owe yourself a cheat day, then you end up cheating once a day, now your going from losing 3 pounds to 2 pounds or nothing at all, so before you eat everything just think, should i really be eating this
  • ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Options
    Great story! I am amazed at your dedication...it paid off. You are an inspiration!!
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great message. Thanks for sharing!
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Hard work ain't never hurt nobody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Uhhh my goals are to get down to 215 and join the marines or army. After you get to the gym your already there so to just work out for 20 minutes is pointless to me, Everyone will always say you owe yourself a cheat day, then you end up cheating once a day, now your going from losing 3 pounds to 2 pounds or nothing at all, so before you eat everything just think, should i really be eating this

Marines ROCK!!! And your dedication and success in losing weight proves you have what it takes to become "one of the few, the proud...the MARINES"!
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself!! What an inspiration to so many!! Thank you for sharing your story!!
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Congrats! This is an amazing story! It all paid off, WTG!
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Holy goodness gracious...wow...amazing!!!