Returning from deployment

I started my deployment weighing in at 180, just about 5 pounds away from my goal. I had lost about 30 pounds in my first 4 months since joining the site. During the time here, I have gained about 12 pounds, which isnt bad considering the circumstances, but leaving MFP didn't help. So, now I am back to get myself back down to my goal level.

I have backed off my cardio routine which has become more of a strictly weight training routine. I know that this has had an affect on my weight, but still, 12 pounds is a lot more than what I expected. I will be home in just over a week and will be able to jump back in to a healthier routine with my very motivational wife and kids.

Replies

• cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Welcomem home! Thank you for your service!!! Time to take care of yourself for a bit!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    welcome home.
    Just get back into the gym once you get back.
    It'll eventually come off, the stress has to have your hormones all out of whack anyway.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Good luck in getting back on the wagon!
    And welcome back!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Thanks for your service.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Welcome back!!!

Thank you so much for your service!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    good luck to you and welcome back! Have a safe trip back home, and thanks for your service!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Thank you for your service! I'm sure once you get back into a regular routine you will be able to lose the 12 pounds!
  • First of all... THANK YOU for your service!!!!

And I'm sure you are extremely excited to be coming home. Good luck with the little bit of weight loss that you have. I'm sure you're disciplined enough to do it!

I was Army (1987-1989) and my hubby is active duty U.S. Navy currently deployed to Somolia. I hate that he's away, so I bet your wife and kids will love having you home.

Have a great week!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Thanks for your service, and welcome home! I am sure your familiy is so thankful and happy you are home safe.

Take time to keep your stress level down. My husband did a 4 year tour in the army, and it took a while for him to adjust back to normal life.

Good luck to you!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    So glad you are safe and coming home. 12 lbs is nothing. YOU'RE alive, healthy, and have a family. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Glad that you were still working out and are planning to get back with the program. You got this!
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Thank you for your service!! As for the 12 lbs...pfft...no problem! You can do it!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Welcome back! You got this!
  • daytonafitmom
    daytonafitmom Posts: 29 Member
    Welcome! And glad to hear you are back with your family!!
  • irishseven
    irishseven Posts: 35 Member
    Wow, my youngest son is in the Ca.National Guard. How was deployment? Can you exercise on base? One more question, did you have to eat MRE'S of cafeteria food? I started this journey when my son and his San Diego Unit were going to be deployed start of next year. I started running and put myself on 1200 cal. Lost 62 lbs. in 4months. I hope you'll adjust quickly to being home. Good Luck and THANKS for being a SOLDIER!!!
  • Welcome home!!! and I'm sure you will get back on track soon enough. As I write this my nephew is also on his way home from his deployment to Afghanistan. I am confident that you will achieve any goal that you have set for yourself but for now enjoy your family and let them spoil you rotten!! Thank you for your service!
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Good Luck! Thanks for all you do!:flowerforyou:
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Welcome back!

Thank you for your service :flowerforyou:
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome back and I thank you for your service as well! So proud of all of you, my oldest son is in the military...you all hold a special place in my heart!
  • Glad you are back, welcome home and thank you for your service. :happy:
  • normsch
    normsch Posts: 34
    12 lbs. will come right off. Thanks for serving our country.