MFP The Biggest Loser Yellow Team***Closed Group***

Options

Replies

• backwardslant
    backwardslant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ok guys - I'm going to go ahead and submit our challengers for this week. I'm going to go with myself, Kristi and Stacey. I haven't heard back from Ivy yet - and I know you are having a tough week or two with lots of stuff going on - so I'm going to go ahead and sit you out for this one so you can focus on the other things in your life! :)

I hope this challenge is something that we can really kick butt at! And hopefully it is something that won't be too hard on Kristi with the medical issues. And Kristi, if it is - please don't do anything that jeopardizes your health! We will all understand and want you to be safe and healthy. :)

Let's do this, you guys - GO TEAM YELLOW!!!
  • kritty123
    Options
    ;0) I got this Atti!!! No worries!!! WE WILL ROCK THIS CHALLENGE........whatever it is..........LOL :wink:
  • AmazingStace
    AmazingStace Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Interesting challenge...I hope we get immunity! I'm praying that the scale drops. As of now, I'm up a pounds. Grrr!! I think it's water retention. I'm dedicating myself to waking outside this week since the weather is finally nice enough again.
  • backwardslant
    Options
    Oh, I hope hope hope hope we get immunity too! Or at least only get the advantage pounds - we don't need any of those disadvantages!!! :) We all had such good numbers last week, I hope we can pull some decent numbers this week so we can get lots of picks! :)

Make sure you guys message me (or post here) your weight losses as soon as you turn them in on Sunday (or whenever you send them), as well as some picks for the "case" numbers that you'd like us to choose. Once we have everybody's weight loss numbers, I will turn in our picks for the case numbers. The sooner they get back to me with what our advantages/disadvantages are, the more time we will have to work out our strategy for how to apply them.

Also, Ivy - if you have any lucky numbers you'd like us to pick for the cases, feel free to add yours too. Even though you aren't one of the technical challengers, it's all a team effort and we can apply the advantages/disadvantages to anyone on the team!

Good luck everyone, and have a great week!
  • Ivymarie75
    Ivymarie75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    hello everyone,
    you guys are going to do great. I am sorry i didnt respond sooner. I am really nervous cause I am up 1.7 as of this morning. I still have a few days, but its gonna be tough.

I know you guys will do great!

My numbers are 14,22,32,75
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Wishing you guys the best today. Very happy, i have lost 1.9lbs this week!
  • backwardslant
    Options
    Wishing you guys the best today. Very happy, i have lost 1.9lbs this week!

Thanks jaygirl, and great job for you this week!!! That is excellent!

Ok guys, once you all have your weights turned in, be sure to post what your weight losses were for this week as well as your picks for our "lucky" numbers. Once we know how much weight we each have lost, we can decide what to do with our advantages/disadvantages this week.

I lost an even 2.0 pounds for the week, which I think is a decent number. I was afraid it would be lower because of my good week last week, so this was a pretty good one for me.

Cross your fingers for an immunity case, and make sure to leave your numbers here. GO TEAM YELLOW!!!
  • Ivymarie75
    Options
    184.1 sorry guys
  • kritty123
    Options
    Hey guys...I will not be around tomorrow because I am having surgery to have my kidney stone removed and have another stent placed for another 5 days so I will try my best to get on if I'm "with it" when I get home. Otherwise, Atti & ArmyWife, please feel free to divide up the advantages/disadvantages as you see fit if there's a time limit. Otherwise, I will do my best to get on here when I snap out of things! Have a great monday and I will see you guys tomorrow!! I will probably have my husband log in and check on things if I cant!! GO TEAM YELLOW!!! IMMUNITY IMMUNITY IMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and my weight was 191.6 today so its a loss of 2.6lbs this week ;0) My case number choices are 5 & 8!!
  • backwardslant
    Options
    Awesome job, Yellow!!!! We actually got to keep everybody this week for (I think) the first time ever! I'm so happy it all worked out!!!

How are you all with stair climbing?? :) I'm going to do my very best this week for that. I always climb up and down the stairs on breaks at work, so I'll make sure to up those even more. And I don't have any stairs at my house - but I'm already thinking of ways to fashion some sort of step so I can do it at home too. Let's all have a great week and beat Tira!!! :)
  • kritty123
    Options
    I started my steps tonight and had to stop at 1400 before I started to hurt so I think thats great! My goal is to get to 2000 steps tomorrow so as long as my body can handle the work, I'm gonna do it!! YAY FOR US KEEPING EVERYONE THIS WEEK!!! WOOOOOOOOOOT! I think everything worked out perfectly!! :wink:
  • backwardslant
    Options
    I started my steps tonight and had to stop at 1400 before I started to hurt so I think thats great! My goal is to get to 2000 steps tomorrow so as long as my body can handle the work, I'm gonna do it!! YAY FOR US KEEPING EVERYONE THIS WEEK!!! WOOOOOOOOOOT! I think everything worked out perfectly!! :wink:

Great job, Kristi! I knew you would rock this challenge since that's pretty much your main form of exercise these days. :) FYI, there are 1665 steps in the Eiffel Tower and 1860 steps in the Empire State Building if anyone wants to know. I was looking some things up so I could have an idea. I have a very large daily goal in mind right now, but that might be overly ambitious. LOL. As I understand it, one person from each team will be going home this week rather than the bottom people, is that how you guys understood it? Unless, of course, every person on a team actually beats Tira and wins immunity for themselves.

Does that sound right to you guys?

Anyway, I hope we all have a great week and get enough steps in to help save ourselves. Good luck to everyone!. GO TEAM YELLOW!!
  • backwardslant
    Options
    Also, keep moving because I don't want us to have to vote out anyone this week. That whole vote thing makes me want to work that much harder!! :)
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Great job you guys, keep it up.
  • Ivymarie75
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for saving me:flowerforyou: . I've been trying to move alot more with everything that has been going on but my body is on a roller coaster right now. very very frustrating:grumble: ! I think I've been doing good:bigsmile: & the scale is saying the opposite:sad: , but I keep going:smile: .

I just read the challenge for this week & it seems like fun, but I don't have stairs anywhere! Not at work or at home. C'mon BL cut me a break:ohwell: .
  • backwardslant
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for saving me:flowerforyou: . I've been trying to move alot more with everything that has been going on but my body is on a roller coaster right now. very very frustrating:grumble: ! I think I've been doing good:bigsmile: & the scale is saying the opposite:sad: , but I keep going:smile: .

I just read the challenge for this week & it seems like fun, but I don't have stairs anywhere! Not at work or at home. C'mon BL cut me a break:ohwell: .

Maybe you could make a step with something you have at home? Even a step-stool or a big book might work. I don't have stairs in my house (just at work) but I'm coming up with ideas to fashion something so I can do steps at home. Just trying to figure out the best idea so I don't make it too tall or too short.

Also, I just got a message from Don and Tira saying: yes, one person from each team will be going home this week. I figured that was the case, just wanted to make sure I understood it.

Good luck to everyone!
  • kritty123
    Options
    I understood the challenge as if we beat TiraG's number of steps for this week, we win immunity for ourselves regardless of weight. If we dont beat her number, then that person is up for elimination at which time it would be up to us to decide if its more then one person....is that right? Or is every team losing one person this week??? I say WE WILL MAKE THE BEST OF OUR TIME!!! LET'S GET IT ON TEAM YELLOW!!!!

I'm up to 3500 steps :0) Where are you guys???
  • backwardslant
    Options
    I understood the challenge as if we beat TiraG's number of steps for this week, we win immunity for ourselves regardless of weight. If we dont beat her number, then that person is up for elimination at which time it would be up to us to decide if its more then one person....is that right? Or is every team losing one person this week??? I say WE WILL MAKE THE BEST OF OUR TIME!!! LET'S GET IT ON TEAM YELLOW!!!!

I'm up to 3500 steps :0) Where are you guys???

I messaged them to find out exactly how the elimination works this week. Basically, every person who beats Tira wins individual immunity. Everyone else on each team is up for elimination, and each team will vote one of their people out. Unless, by some miracle, everone on a team actually beats Tira and then that team is completely safe. So it's likely that each team will be losing one person. And unless we all win immunity, we will have to vote someone out on our team as well. :(

I'm at 2500 steps as of this moment, but going in to do some more right now. I'm hoping to do (gulp) 5000 today, but we'll see how that goes. :)

Hope you all are doing well!
  • AmazingStace
    AmazingStace Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been very active this week. My husband is home, and he leaves again tonight. :( I've been counting my steps here at home, but I'm not really doing that great. Ugh...I'm at 1000 so far. I guess I better add some more in between now and Sunday at 5pm.
  • backwardslant
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been very active this week. My husband is home, and he leaves again tonight. :( I've been counting my steps here at home, but I'm not really doing that great. Ugh...I'm at 1000 so far. I guess I better add some more in between now and Sunday at 5pm.

I hope you have had a wonderful time with your husband home! That is the most important thing. :)

I haven't been getting in nearly as many steps as I would have liked, but I've been doing quite a lot. Been a bit busier around here than I anticipated, so I haven't had as much time. I won't be home most of today either, so I'm hoping to get in one last final push tonight (and maybe again tomorrow morning) that will hopefully help out a bit. I'm guessing Tira will have around 20,000 steps by the time it's all said and done, so not sure how many people will be able to keep up with that! :)

Hope you all are doing your best and GO TEAM YELLOW!!!