Do you have a poker face, or wear your emotions on it?

Options

Replies

• mamafrahm
    mamafrahm Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I can't hide my emotions at all!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Now I have that Lady Gaga song in my head. I might have to punch myself in the face until I die.
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Very little emotion at work. I keep it very professional, even when some d-bag's laying into me because he can't figure out why I won't build an application for him when he still hasn't defined the requirements >:-]

At home's another story, as my wife and kids can attest :D
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Well, it doesn't really matter what my face says because I am the type who shuts down when I'm mad or upset. I don't want to talk to you, look at you, or even be in the same room with you. I need half an hour or so to be silently pissed and secretly hoping you feel like garbage for whatever you did, and then I'm over it.
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I can't lie. Its impossible for me to tell a lie for many reasons.

The same goes for telling a lie to a person, it shows on my face.

Haha. Those that are close to me say that my "eyes glow" when I try to tell a lie. I cannot do it! (so games like BS and poker...I lose)

But, when it comes to almost all other emotional responses you cant tell. I was raised with my dad telling me that tears and such were weak...so I tend to be a closed book.
  • SeanC86
    SeanC86 Posts: 88
    Options
    Everyone I know thinks I'm angry all the time. My face just tends to resemble a scowl a lot... I'm not angry, you just can't tell how I really feel.

And I host regular poker parties at my house (well... when I'm at home and not deployed, that is... lol) and I often walk away with the most money, so I figure that's saying something. :D
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I have to cover up all my feelings. If i let my guard slip for a second, the effects could be catastrophic.
  • jdub2131
    Options
    Same here - when around my boyfriend or friends, I am not afraid to show emotions. When at work or in public - I have the best poker face and nobody can tell when I am stressed or flustered. :glasses:
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I cant hide anger or sadness, which I hate!:grumble:
    But I can usually keep a cool and level head during an emergency or otherwise crisis situation, even though I am usually freaking out on the inside. It always catches up with me eventually and I will find myself crumpled up on the floor crying a few days later. :frown:
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I have the best poker face ever! Im very secertive and quiet I dont let to tell people about my emotion and feelings. I just keep it inside.
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    If I don't want people to know what I'm feeling or thinking, I can pull that off quite easily. :indifferent:
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    My instinct is to wear my emotions, but I have been known to call my acting skills in on certain occasions (political, mostly).
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    A poker face unless I'm thinking of a sarcastic comment...people that know me can tell immediately if I have a comment brewing.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Poker face- 9 years as a cop and 3 years as an arson investigator
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    No poker face here.....People can read my mood and feelings in an instant on my face.
  • ammbbbeeeerrrrr
    Options
    I have a poker face. You'll never know how i'm feeling unless it's overbearing. lol
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    poker face, and a pocket full of planned expressions that can be pulled out when needed.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    On my sleeve, pant leg, face, MFP or FB wall... wherever... you name it... I wear my emotions on them. Not your typical dude I suppose... I know. LOL
  • flasportsfan
    flasportsfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    People can read something in my eyes and they say I'm a dead giveaway. So, I guess I can't get away with anything!
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I used to be very open but I'm starting to smarten up, especially at work. You show too much and you could get in trouble. So I'm trying but it's not in my nature. I am the type who shows everything I'm thinking.