I love the way you lie---- most entertaining lies you've bee

Options
mrmarius
mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
I know we all hate liars and all that stuff but i do find compulsive liars entertaining. working at the railroad i have seen some of the wierdest people ever all assembled at one place at that. We have a few liars up there and one is extremely entertaining as his lies are always these long mcguyver like stories my favorite would be this one..

He and his wife were out on this bridge in their car when they see a yellow camaro with a couple dudes in there looking to cause trouble. the guys pull out shot guns and he tells his wife to grab the body armor that he just happens to carry around and wrap herself up in it, he pulls out his gun and magazine of bullets and gets to firing, realizing he's in a tight spot he backs the car up and starts speeding forward to jump this "incline" thats on the bridge sort of like a ramp as he flies over the camaro he shoots at it hitting the car and speeds off not knowing if he killed the two thugs or not..... and he tells this with a super straight face while i'm falling out the chair laughing

please share your stories

Replies

• Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    ridiculous!! LOL!!!
  • JIsh09
    JIsh09 Posts: 158
    Options
    Lmfao :laugh:

When he finished LYING,did you ask him if he was dreaming?
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    hehe love it!!

Um..
    im not sure, i have a habit of believing peoples lies even if there a bit insane.
    Will have to think about it.
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My bro is a habitual liar. Although not as entertaining- my best example to not believe anything out of his mouth is finding Whataburger in the trash, him drinking a coke in a Whataburger cup... I asked what he ate for dinner and he told me Taco Cabana fajitas. WTF?!?
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    That is hysterical! I could actually visualize the scene as if from a movie! Thanks for sharing, I unfortunately don't have any really creative liars that good in my stash!
  • trailgetter
    Options
    Wasn't Tom Cruise in that movie! :-) Bwahahahaha
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    I have a coworker who has worked for the mob as a cleaner, been a champion snowborder and skate border, had has own construction company, has an engerngering degree, and have been a pastor.....and he cant get a better job ANYWHERE cause he says he "over quifled", so yes i think these lies are very funny
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I tell people I'm a real person. We all know I'm a gargoyle.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I'd tell you but, after finally being told the truth after more than a decade, I am now part of the lie continuation committee.

It's a good one. XD
  • Kemosaubi
    Kemosaubi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey what is his name, He is going to wish he had killed me when I get to him for shooting up my Camero!
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! LOL! I find lies can be entertaining and then I find the people that believe them even MORE entertaining. I had a friend whose man told her that he didn't get her text because he was at a red light and when the signal switched it must have deleted the text...............she believe him :noway: Oh same friend, same man.....he hung up on her and told her it wasn't him but he was heating food in the microwave and the timer went off and "blurred" the signal :laugh:

Oh the joy of ignorance :happy:
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Taco Cabana fajitas. WTF?!?

LOL! Love it!
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    A woman I know had a significant drug habit and had an overdose. After the doctor telling her family that they found fresh track marks in her arms, the tox-screen was positive and that she had overdosed, she told the family that she had an allergic reaction to lime juice...this was two years after she blamed an overdose and subsequent infection on dental work.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    When I first moved to Indiana to marry my (now ex) husband, we were driving out driving around (gas was cheap then) and drove by a corn field with a large tree in the middle of it. It struck me as odd, so I commented on it.

"That's the old hanging tree," he said. "Years ago, they hung this guy from it for whatever reason and he cursed them before he died. Ever since then, no one has ever been able to cut the tree down. It chews through saw blades and breaks chain saw chains."

Intrigued by the story, and sure that the love of my life would never lie to me, I listened in wide-eyed innocence.

And I told that story to people. Quite a few people actually, because I believed it for years. I even believed it when he told me a couple years later that lightening struck the tree, but the half that they used to hang him with still stood.

Finally, after a few years of embarrassing myself, I realized that he had lied....and I was the most gullible person alive. :blushing:
  • agwilker
    agwilker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I started "going out" with someone when I was 15, he was a friend of a friend. I think it had been a weekend since it was official and I got a call in my homeroom class, so the teacher calls me up and I go and answer it (mind you this is in front of a class full of people). I think I'm in trouble. I say, "Hello?" It was that friend I met him through. She says "I had to call and tell you this, so & so says that he fell BMX biking and got a concussion. So he doesn't remember that you guys are dating." :huh: She makes him get on and tell me the same thing. I say that's fine, alright and hang up the phone as my teacher was wanting to know what it was about.

A year or two later we chat on instant messenger and he tells me he just had a bad weekend. Luckily I could take it or leave it, so I wasn't too bothered.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker who has worked for the mob as a cleaner, been a champion snowborder and skate border, had has own construction company, has an engerngering degree, and have been a pastor.....and he cant get a better job ANYWHERE cause he says he "over quifled", so yes i think these lies are very funny

another of my coworkers was like that. he'd have all these former jobs that paid like 10 times more than what we make lol
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Hey what is his name, He is going to wish he had killed me when I get to him for shooting up my Camero!

There is no "e" in Camaro. :wink:
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    My ex told me that he played on stage with Alan Jackson, Montgomery Gentry, and Hank Williams Jr. when he was in his 20s (he's an OTR truck driver and a mediocre guitar player). He also said he used to make his drill sergeant laugh during drills in the USMC. He claimed his wife put a gun to his temple while he was asleep, and he woke up after she said, "if I can't have you, nobody can" and took away/disassembled the gun (shotgun) within seconds. He stated that his platoon flew into NORTH Korea and rescued a bunch of women and children in some midnight rescue operation, and then flew back to Japan within hours. There was much more, of course. Those are just the first lines of BS that came to mind.

It seemed to be a genetic problem as his father also claimed to be a secret government assassin back in the 70s/80s.

The saddest part was that I actually believed him when he first told me all of this, and thought he was so cool.
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I used to work with a lady that used to always lie to get off work. It was either her asthma acting up or something wrong with her kids. Well she decided to say her grandmother had passed away and you know when u return to work you have to bring and obituary back. She actually made up one by this time we all knows she lies so my manager called the actual funeral home which they normally don't do. They had no idea who the lady was so when the manager asked her about it she said well they moved the body to another funeral home she'll go home and get the paper work. We never saw her again she didn't come back. I worked with her for about 3 months in that time she said she had a double degree, dated a rapper, had a cousin play in the nba, was an accountant but couldn't figure out interest on a loan, worked for Halburton but quit, said she really didn't need to work but she need a w-2 for tax purposes...uggg u name it she said it...we used to all sit around and talk about her lies...
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    I haven't a lie to tell you but strangely enough as I open this I'm listening to the end of The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel and they're singing 'lie lie lie, lie lie lie lie lie'.