Life's New Journey October Challenge

Options

Replies

• tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am Here!!!

I did really good with yesterdays challenge!

Food- 2 snacks Fiber plus bar and 90 cal. pringle stix
    Cardio- Zumba
    Strength- Did the lunges, a little rough on my knee but in a good way.
    Emotional- I am so proud of myself for doing the zumbathon Saturday. I only took breaks when the whole group did. I also did my regular morning class. 3 hours of zumba in one day!
  • cragglecat
    cragglecat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm still here too! The time difference means that I only get to read the challenges when it is virtually time for bed but not to worry! I'm trying to hit the gym regularly and I'm working on completing Couch to 5 K week four. Did day 1 today, it was hard going but I did it.

Craig.
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    I'm still here! I usually am checking the posts while I'm at work, so I never have time to reply! I was under my calorie goal, I had to lift super heavy parts today so I got my strength training in (I worked both jobs today, so not a lot of time). Going home this weekendto spend time with my family so I'm gonna need soooooo much motivation!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Good Morning or Good Day Everyone!!!
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Good Morning or Good Day Everyone!!!

Good Morning, here in NY!!!!
  • sme1985
    sme1985 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi,

I'm here and most of all, I'm finally back! I had no internet, or cable, for 5 full days; I felt completely disconnected from the entire world! SO glad to be apart of the world again and back on MFP!!!!! :)

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Hello Everybody,
    I had full intentions of getting started with my day and then coming to post on her but all he** broke loose and my computer crashed in the middle of payroll. I have just got everything redone and taking a minute. It is probably a little late for a challenge but I hope everybody did something on their own. I can't wait to go home and burn off some of my frustrations. I didn't think I would ever say that I enjoy exercise.

I will post early tomorrow. Can't believe it is Friday tomorrow already. I hope everybody had a great day.

Talk to you tomorrow and keep smiling :smile:

Donna
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Good Morning Everybody, Sorry I am late again. I am really glad that it is Friday.

Hope everybody did good on their own yesterday. I am not sure what I did but my body is very sore. I have to admit that I had a piece of birthday cake for my sister-in-laws birthday last night.

Friday Mini Challenge,

Food - try to keep your carbohydrate count below your limit and try to eat good complex carbohydrates (whole wheat, no sugar, fruits etc)
    Cardio - I use a pedometer (great $25.00 investment) and am going to try to get in 5000 steps which is about 2.25 miles. For those that don't have a pedometer walk briskly for at least 30 minutes.
    Strength - seeing as my lower body is sore today, I am going to do some upper body building and do the dreaded push-ups. Let's shoot for 50 of some kind. (desk, wall, knee, regular)
    Emotional - take the time to enjoy yourself. Might be a good night for a date or the complete opposite, to sit and relax in a nice warm bath.
    Water - don't forget to drink at least 8 glasses of water. The recommended amount is half your weight in ounces.

Hope you have a great day and keep smiling :smile: :wink: :smile:

Donna

Just a quick question as to how many people have a pedometer and who would be interested in doing a 100,000 step in a week challenge starting Monday. Let me know.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options

Just a quick question as to how many people have a pedometer and who would be interested in doing a 100,000 step in a week challenge starting Monday. Let me know.

I have one - it's just a cheapy one I got from work (they gave them out for something or other years ago). I might be willing to give it a shot; just worried it's going to annoy me having it on my waistband all day. :ohwell:
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    I got my walking in today for the mini challenge (yay!), and I have yet to do the horrible push-ups...haven't had a lot of water today so maybe I'll make sum tea to warm up. Not sure what my carb count is yet but I have a feeling I got them all in before I saw the challennge! I would be interested in the doing the 100,000 steps challenge and I do have a pedometer...go MFP family!
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    :smile: :wink: :smile: Good Morning Everyone,

I hope everybody had a good Saturday. Maybe did some work around the yard, or the dreaded house work. Then some leisure time.

Sunday's Mini Challenge

Food - weekends are tough for me. My timing is off and I tend to snack instead of sitting down to a meal. So today the challenge is to eat three healthy meals today and 2-3 less than 100 calorie snacks.
    Cardio - Sunday is usually my rest day. Take a leisurely walk in the park or maybe go shopping at the mall.
    Strength - If you feel so inclined, lets do 50 crunches (can never do enough crunches lol)
    Emotional - Spend some time with your loved ones today. Reflect on some of the reasons you are moving forward in this journey. Celebrate how far you have come.
    Water - Of course drink at least 8 glasses of water.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

For anybody that wants to participate we are starting the 100,000 step challenge. Let's see how many steps you can do in a week. Don't forget to enter your weight on the spread sheet tomorrow.

Keep smiling :smile: :wink: :smile:

Donna
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    I don't have a pedometer. I have bought 2 in the past and they were not accurate at all... so got frustrated. I won't be doing the 100,000 step challenge.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday
  • heathermckillop
    heathermckillop Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Well I've lost 0.6lbs and has taken me 2 weeks to do so. I've been sticking to my limits and upping my calorie loss each day. Any ideas? It's very frustrating. Been at it over 2 months now x
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Good Morning Everybody,

Hope everybody had a good weekend. Don't forget to enter your weight on the spread sheet.

I did not do so good again this week. In fact I am quite disgusted with myself and need a big kick in the you know where. I have gained for the second week in a row. Today is my day to take a good look at what went wrong the last two weeks. And the common denominator is exercise and stress eating. (My son moved out and I am not doing well with empty nest).

Monday Mini Challenge:

Food - today we need to stay within our calorie limit but not under 1200. Make sure we are eating at least 5 fruits or vegetables and some kind of protein at each meal.
    Cardio - Do at least 30 minutes of increased heart rate activity. (Brisk walk, jumping jacks, elliptical etc). For people that are in a plateau it might be a good day to change things up a bit. Maybe add some intervals or try one of the free videos on ExerciseTV website.
    Strength - Let's try for 50 squats. (10 at each washroom break)
    Emotional - It is really easy to get frustrated when you think you are doing everything right and there is no decrease on the scale. The scale, although most of us are addicted to it, is not the only measure of success in our journey. How our clothes fit, our ability to do exercises we couldn't do in the beginning, comments people make, and most importantly how we feel about ourselves are all measures of success. Take a minute to reflect on the whole picture.
    Water - drink at least 8 glasses of water

Hope you all have a great day.

Keep smiling :smile: :wink: :smile:

Donna
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    What kind of workouts have u been doing?
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    I have not been doing much cardio at all but have been doing squats and crunches. Thought I might try 30 Day Shred again. The problem with me is I get bored really easy with exercises and have to change it up and that usually happens before I am done the program or I get to a tough spot and give up. In my mind, as long as I am doing something, that is a good thing. What are you doing?
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have not been doing much cardio at all but have been doing squats and crunches. Thought I might try 30 Day Shred again. The problem with me is I get bored really easy with exercises and have to change it up and that usually happens before I am done the program or I get to a tough spot and give up. In my mind, as long as I am doing something, that is a good thing. What are you doing?

I just started the 30 day shred with 2 of my girlfriends. I am liking it so far but was very sore after the first day. Today is day 3 level 1 for us. I also do zumba 3 days a week, I don't think I will shred on 2 of my zumba days. One is pretty low impact so I think I can do it that day. I love your mini challenges! Great work, Thanks
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the challenges.
    I did the squats & the cardio. I'm on track for the water... veggies/fruit... not so good.
    Linda
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options

I'm going thru that right now. I'm bored with what I've been doing and really want to change it up. Just trying to decide what to do and when to fit it in. :smile: