Highest calorie meal since I joined MFP

Options
I was determined to make fish tacos today. I figured it would be a high calorie meal so I worked out a little longer than usual. Still, I didn't think the beer battered deep fried tilapia tacos would be soooo caloriffic... over 1,000 calories for 1 serving!!! And to think I would binge on those and eat 2 - 2.5 servings in one sitting... OMG!!!

I don't feel guilty because I had them for lunch so, no going to bed right after eating and, I still can eat a light dinner and manage not to go over my calories. But one thing's for sure... they were gooood!! It's hard to believe that many calories don't give you the "I'm gonna explode" feeling. That's pretty scary too.

My next sinful homemade meal will be biscuit crust pizza. I've been fantasizing about it for some time. It won't happen soon, though. I have to work really hard to deserve that one. But it'll come.

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Gotta indulge from time to time to stay on track I think. Myself I eat over 1000 fairly often (not much over, up to about 1200). This last weekend I put down about 3000 for dinner but I haven't done that in at least 6 months (most of it was alcohol, mind you). Just gives you more motivation to kick *kitten* during the week I think.
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    try breading the tilapia in panko crumbs and spices and baking them, theyll still be really crunchy but way less calories, you may even like them better
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I grill my fish when I make fish tacos.
  • DisneySkaGirl
    Options
    Sometimes you just gotta have something you know is plain awful for you.... I had that day over the weekend, I HAD to have a marie calendars chicken pot pie! The crust and gracy is just so good! But I don't have that for lunch everyday, so I'm not going to worry about it :)
  • MLeigh18
    MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member
    Options

My next sinful homemade meal will be biscuit crust pizza. I've been fantasizing about it for some time. It won't happen soon, though. I have to work really hard to deserve that one. But it'll come.

Try this paleo pizza crust recipe. It's probably not *quite* as amazing as your biscuit pizza crust, but it's way better for you, calorie, sugar, sodium, fiber, carbs, all of the above- in every way healthier. I typically eat an entire 12" pizza to myself and it's still fewer calories than two slices of Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns and Little Cesars.

http://cavemanstrong.com/2011/01/paleo-pizza-crust/
  • lildoggielover
    lildoggielover Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like that idea...
  • patilee
    patilee Posts: 125
    Options
    This week I ate the new Carl's Junior Steakhouse burger. 870 calories. Wow.
    I usually don't eat fast food, but it was really great.
    Won't do it again anytime soon LOL.
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I really try to eat healthy with lots of salad, veggies fruits and lean protein, but once a week my family has pizza. every wednesday night. I just calculate it into my daily allowances and try to get some extra exercise into combat all the carbs and sodium as well as lots of water. I try to add a salad to it and mostly it doesn't hurt my overall week too bad.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I grill my fish when I make fish tacos.

me too : Sooo tasty especially if you use lettuce instead of tortilla :)
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Ugh I ate a 900-1000 calorie burger from 5 guys AND a banana spilt...It was a bad day. I don't think one day like that every few months will effect me though

hw130
    cw124
    gw115

height 5'4
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    didn't think the beer battered deep fried tilapia tacos would be soooo caloriffic

Really? :P

Seriously though . . . was it worth it? I bet it was.
  • mattellis2
    Options

Try this paleo pizza crust recipe. It's probably not *quite* as amazing as your biscuit pizza crust, but it's way better for you, calorie, sugar, sodium, fiber, carbs, all of the above- in every way healthier. I typically eat an entire 12" pizza to myself and it's still fewer calories than two slices of Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns and Little Cesars.

http://cavemanstrong.com/2011/01/paleo-pizza-crust/

on a whim, i plugged the linked recipe into MFP's recipe calculator.

the results:

930 calories, 54 grams carbs, 65 grams fat, 32 grams protein and 1000 mg sodium, just in the crust, before you even get to the toppings. it looks wonderful, but i think pizza is pizza, no matter how you make it...it just isn't good for you in any kind of quantity.

back to the topic at hand. my worst meal was a big plate of nachos with all the fixings for a football game earlier this year. came in around 1k calories too...and i was sick for 2 days afterward. won't do that again!