great tool for tracking workouts (esp walk/jog/running!)

Options
Hi! I love using MFP, and I try to log all of my workouts. I was having a hard time, however, tracking how fast or far I was walk/jog/running. A coworker of mine showed me an app for my smartphone that has made this soooo much easier for me! Just wanted to share this resource to anyone who wants it - it has really helped motivate me to keep on my workouts.
The app (it's free) is called runtastic. You can use it to track lots of different activities- examples: running/jogging, biking, mountainbiking, inline skating, walking, surfing, skiingparagliding, ice skating, golfing, treadmill... the list goes on and on. I use the app for the "running/jogging" and the "walking" categories.
The app tracks, down to 0.01mi, the distance you go, the time it takes you, your current mph, your average mph, how much altitude you gain/lose, and a whole bunch of other stuff. It also shows on a little map Exactly where your route is. Bottom line, it's super-cool.
I've been using this to time myself jogging a mile run, and now I'm moving up to 1.5mi running (jogging).... also use it for the walking though.
I think it probably calculates calories too, but I don't use that feature - I use the info it gives me on time, speed, and distance and I input that into myfitnesspal.
Seriously this has kept me on track as far as working out... it's super. Hope you love it too!
Aloha!

Replies

• tikikris
    tikikris Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I'll check it out!
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that!!!! I actually just set up a lame spreadsheet on my computer to track my mileage and was about to search for an app that made it a little bit more fun and right at hand! Thanks Again!
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    Cool I will have to see if I have that thanks for sharing!
  • TomehToxic
    Options
    i like runtastic and used it for a month or soo, but on iphone,blackberry,android theres a better app called Endomondo (£4.00) for full version but the free version has everything you could ever need the full version only contains accsess to graphs and stuff, it also has a website that shows for example since you started using it how many bugers you have burnt (21 :D) and how many times youve run around the earth in total (0.000001)

It can also track Cycling,walking,canoing every sport you could imagine, i'd recommend it compared to runtastic. :)