Whats your go to snack/meal when you feel starving??

Options
2»

Replies

• fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    When I am hungry I really need something satisfying or I may stray. I like..

A greek salad ( arugala,olives, feta cheese and red onions)

chicken or fish tacos. I get the little corn tortillas from Whole foods. You get 3 for 100cal or so. I load them up with lettuce, tomato, onion, salsa and fresh cilantro and top with lt. sour cream. I skip the cheese because I realise that I don't really miss it.

I also like baked tilapia and veggies and maybe 1/2C couscous.

All very filling and satisfying and low on calories.

GL
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    If I get hungry, I usually reach for a banana or an apple - the fiber in both seems to fill me up nicely. That and water. I need to start increasing my protein at every meal, which means I need to buy string cheese, tuna, and maybe try those laughing cow things...
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    veggies w/ hummus and boiled egg whites
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Protein shake-- or fage 0% greek yogurt with pumpkin purree, pumpkin pie spice and walnuts.

EDIT -- if your're watching sodium -- those laughing cow wedges are loaded with salt (so is cottage cheese and most other cheese)
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    So today and yesterday I have felt soooo hungry. Although I have done a great job at staying just about at my calories I feel so hungry all day my head hurts. My questions is when you feel starving or hungry all day long what do you eat? What helps curb your hunger???

Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something. - Mitch Hedberg

I love seasoned black beans from a can - they take like 30 sec in a microwave and you have a savory protein filled bowl of yumminess. The one drawback is if you have a sodium issue. My other favorites are peanut butter on a spoon, rolled up lunchmeat, and protein shakes. :)
  • afries0907
    afries0907 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I LOVE trail mix. you could even make your own with just about any kind of nut, dried berries, dried fruit, unbuttered popcorn.
  • paul121703lilly
    Options
    My favorite snack is string cheese and/or bananas
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    11 Pumpkin Spice Almonds (22 if your really hungry and have the calories) and a sliced apple is very filling and one of my favorite snacks....
  • Pancakelovessyrup
    Options
    A whole cucumber (which is a "negative calorie food") and 1/4 cup vegetarian re-fried beans and a whole tomato( also a negative calorie food). filling, healthy and delicious.
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    11 Pumpkin Spice Almonds (22 if your really hungry and have the calories) and a sliced apple is very filling and one of my favorite snacks....
    Almonds and apples are my go to snacks too.

Just curious, where did you find Pumpkin Spice Almonds? Sounds really good!
  • Horseymama
    Horseymama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Two pieces of ww bread, with 1 tbs almond butter. I usually reserve this for lunch or a fast supper. But really hits the spot and makes me feel like I've had a treat! Chase it with a big glass of water or crystal light water and I'm good to go! And I'm one of those people, when I'm hungry I'm HUNGRY!!
  • AmberXenon
    AmberXenon Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I nuke a tablespoon of peanut butter with a tablespoon of honey, and stir it with a pinch of cinnamon. Tastes good with a slice of wheat toast or a tart apple, and makes me feel like I had a dessert. :)
  • jillwaller
    Options
    Fruit and yogurt!!
  • Rowann
    Rowann Posts: 86
    Options
    Until recently then either a WW ice cream cup, then came the discovery of peanut butter and English muffins. However, I've now discovered just how good almonds are. I have 15 almonds (105 calories), and I nibble each one to make it last as long as possible, and have a drink with it (water, sugar free vimto cordial, green tea,or normal tea... but that's just me).

I usually get to the end and still want something, but if I just leave it ten minutes then I realise I really didn't want anything at all, and I'm actually now comfortably full.

I fill my diary in a few days before so that I can plan what to eat/shop for over a week, and I always add the almonds to the snack section at the start. That way, they're there if I need them, or if I don't I can recoup the calories for something else... :)
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Egg on Toast 120 cals
    Rye crackers and salsa with a tablespoon of sour cream 165 cals
    Protein smoothy
    Apple 90 cal
    Turkey Pepperoni and a 35cal Yogurt 115 cal
    Homemade soup/stew under 200cal
    1/2 cup cottage cheese 110cal
    Instant Oatmeal under 200 cal
    Steamed veggies with parmasan
    Sugar-free jello with cool-whip 60-80 cals
    Red River cereal with apple or banana chopped into it with cinnamon 250
    3 eggwhites scrambled with salsa on low cal bread 100cal
  • yesiwillbeloosingit
    Options
    a black cup of coffee or green tea does the trick for me.