PALEO

Options

Replies

• fjschmoozer
    Options
    People, THERE IS MORE TO HEALTH THAN WEIGHT LOSS.

Are there weight loss advantages to a calorie restricted paleo diet versus a calorie restricted Twinkie diet in metabolically healthy individuals? No.

But the OP did not even ASK ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS.

Exactly what health advantages does a paleo diet provide?
  • HunterCML
    Options

Are there weight loss advantages to a calorie restricted paleo diet versus a calorie restricted Twinkie diet in metabolically healthy individuals? No.

You do realize, a sensibly made diet should be constructed with sufficient micronutrient intake and avoid harmful dietary substances (like synthetic trans-fats).

Therefore a Paleo diet is in no way more or less healthy than a sensibly constructed diet.
  • mynameisuntz
    mynameisuntz Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Maybe arguing makes his deadlift numbers go up! PR in arguing!
    Maybe being wrong, getting called out, and then going into defensive mode makes you hit your goals quicker. The pendulum of judgment goes both ways.

Are you going to keep sitting here pouting, or maybe learn something by reading the links we've provided? Call us blunt if you want, but we're at least offering information that is based on empirical research. You have provided nothing but anecdotal evidence, and when that was pointed out, you accused us of getting off on arguing.

Read the links, provide concrete information, stop accusing us of just wanting to argue, or leave. Despite our blunt approach, we are contributing in some form.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options

You do realize, a sensibly made diet should be constructed with sufficient micronutrient intake and avoid harmful dietary substances (like synthetic trans-fats).

Therefore a Paleo diet is in no way more or less healthy than a sensibly constructed diet.

What about eating meat, veggies & fruit and healthy fats has your knickers in such a twist?
  • fjschmoozer
    Options
    Not excessively argue for our own egotistical pleasure.

LOL. You LIVE for it.

No need to attack him. Reported.
  • Birder150
    Options
    Not excessively argue for our own egotistical pleasure.

LOL. You LIVE for it.

The troll is offended.
    Priceless.
  • nicole00lynn
    Options

seriously?
  • HunterCML
    Options

Does trolling and being consistently rude help you feel better about being misinformed?

I've been providing actual studies and evidence to my claims, only to your benefit. It would be wise if you did less feel-good trolling and more reading on the actual evidences and links posted.
  • Birder150
    Options

Does trolling and being consistently rude help you feel better about being misinformed?

I've been providing actual studies and evidence to my claims, only to your benefit. It would be wise if you did less feel-good trolling and more reading on the actual evidences and links posted.

good grief
  • mynameisuntz
    Options
    What about eating meat, veggies & fruit and healthy fats has your knickers in such a twist?
    No one has an issue with that.

There's an issue with claiming grains, dairy, and legumes are bad, though, and having ZERO proper empirical evidence to support such a claim.
  • fjschmoozer
    Options

seriously?

Yes. Serious. Why u mad?
  • HunterCML
    Options

Absolutely nothing. Please go back and reread my post and realize that I never said Paleo or primal eating is disadvantageous; I only stated that it is unnecessarily restrictive and offers no physiological benefit in comparison to any other sensibly constructed diet.
  • nicole00lynn
    Options

seriously?

Yes. Serious. Why u mad?

uhh i think we can all handle oursleves here. thanks.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options

Yes, but that is not what you said. You said "Paleo is silly and in no way advantageous to any other calorie restrictive diet."
  • alyssalanet
    Options
    No one has an issue with that.

There's an issue with claiming grains, dairy, and legumes are bad, though, and having ZERO proper empirical evidence to support such a claim.

Wait, did I ever say "grains, dairy, and legumes are bad?" And did I actually say that I find a benefit in my own personal energy levels and lifestyle when eating a diet BASED OFF of fats, fruit and veggies? While cutting out processed foods. Oh, and that I actually live a sort of "revised" Paleo lifestyle. Goodness.
  • HunterCML
    Options
    Yes, but that is not what you said. You said "Paleo is silly and in no way advantageous to any other calorie restrictive diet."

I said that because it's true and I've provided ample evidence to support my claim. If you're referring to the word "silly" - I consider any pointlessly restrictive diet that provides no advantages to any other calorie restrictive diet "silly".
  • alyssalanet
    Options

seriously?

Yes. Serious. Why u mad?

It's okay, I think it's kinda cute.
  • alyssalanet
    Options

I said that because it's true and I've provided ample evidence to support my claim. If you're referring to the word "silly" - I consider any pointlessly restrictive diet that provides no advantages to any other calorie restrictive diet "silly".

So what I see as personal benefits from eating the way I do, is...silly?
  • mynameisuntz
    Options
    Wait, did I ever say "grains, dairy, and legumes are bad?" And did I actually say that I find a benefit in my own personal energy levels and lifestyle when eating a diet BASED OFF of fats, fruit and veggies? While cutting out processed foods. Oh, and that I actually live a sort of "revised" Paleo lifestyle. Goodness.
    Was my response directed towards you, or another poster?

Have you read our links yet? Or is ignorance too bliss to challenge your own preconceived notions?
  • nicole00lynn
    Options

seriously?

Yes. Serious. Why u mad?

It's okay, I think it's kinda cute.

LOL. im going to resume my normal life - thanks for your help girl :)
This discussion has been closed.