Is Crystal light ok to drink?

Options
I drink crystal light all day I really don't like plain water. I was just curious if anyone else has been drinking this too.

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda all day and I haven't croaked yet.
  • kloquinn
    Options
    I've been drinking tons for years, no problems thus far. :)
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    OMg, that stuff makes my tummy ROLLLLLLLLLL...........as in...BAD roll.....lol....but hey, if it doesnt bother you, get it in however you see fit! :)
  • sandreozzi
    sandreozzi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I drink that and other zero cal, no sugar, water flavorings. Can't see that it is harming a thing and actually I wouldn't be drinking as much water if it wasn't for those!!
  • rissameade
    Options
    I drink Crystal Light and Mio liquid both--I have no problems. When I was going to the gym (once upon a time) my trainer told me that it was ok to drink if it meant I was getting in all my water for the day!
  • nikki778
    nikki778 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of crystal light but I love 4c light to go no sodium or calories.
    They come in Iced tea, pink lemonade & Lemonade,..I love them so good!
    I have about 2 a day.
  • WoWmamaErin
    WoWmamaErin Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I also don't drink plain water and never have. Crystal Light helps me make sure I'm getting all the fluids my body needs.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I like crystal lite and definitey use it to punch up water, but PLEASE keep in mind that an 8 oz glass has 5 calories in it. While that doesn't seem like so much, it makes a full 16.9 oz water bottle add ten calories, and depending on how many of THOSE you consume in a day, it could add a small chunk of calories to your diet.

Other really awesome alternatives are snapples and ocean spray water-bottle-to-go! Try them, the flavors are really good.

I am in LOVE with unsweetened teas, by the way. They add virtually no calories. And if I really need a good caffeine boost, I DO grab a diet soda once in a while, but I try to stay away because I don't want the dehydrating effects, especially on a heavy work out day. Also, Crystal Lite makes an "energy boost" product with Wild Strawberry flavor. That's pretty good and gives me a little added kick in the morning without going overboard in caffeine like diet sodas!

Hope the info helps!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I drink about a quart and a half of Crystal Light Green Tea with Raspberry every day.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    My friend that's a dietitian said generally speaking as long as it doesn't have caffeine it's okay.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I drink Crystal lite, but not in the place of 8 glasses of water. Mainly with dinner.
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I drink them too, I try to have one packet with 32 oz (one jug) of water then I have one or two jugs of just water. I like them. They have such great flavours now.
  • Manjipor
    Manjipor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you like crystal lite you might want to try MIO its has made my transition to drinking nothing but water so easy.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda all day and I haven't croaked yet.

:laugh: I think I would croak if I didn't drink diet soda.
  • lilsnowbird
    Options
    I used to do the crystal light thing because I too cannot drink plain water....then I discovered Nestea (not sue if just in Canada or not) with sucralose and OMG are they good...lemon green tea is my favourite.....after drinking them for awhile, I found a package of crystal light and thought I may as well use it and holy cow was it ever sweet compared to the Nestea ones.....I had to dump it out.....
  • Ruby11222
    Ruby11222 Posts: 114
    Options
    We don't have Crystal Light or Kool Aid in Australia but when I lived in America I tried both. I got INCREDIBLY sick every time I tried it.
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I think all of you are the lucky ones.....so far I have lost weight without any artificial sweetners. I can't have them as they give me massive migraines. But if not for that I would probably be having crystal light too!!!!!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I like the Crystal Light PURE line. There's only a few flavors but they aren't sweetened with splenda or aspartame and don't have artificial colors.
  • annaasun
    annaasun Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    mio is awesome!
  • Nyrissa
    Nyrissa Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm drinking those right now, but I am trying to get off the artificial sweeteners. So after these are gone I was just going to get some of the regular sugar low calorie drinks.