STARS 9 WEEK CHALLENGE (CLOSE GROUP) WK 3

Options

Replies

• prizmaa
    prizmaa Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday 10.12.2011 - What have you accomplished since your journey began that you could not do before? List as many accomplishments as you can think of!

1. I can walk up the big hill to my in-laws and not be out of breath when I reach the top
    2. I can do some of the more advanced ab workouts (who'd have thunk it!)
    3. I can do a full set of push ups on my knees now! Boy will I be way excited when I can actually do the real push ups!
    4. I've stopped telling myself I'm fat and all the other negative things I used to tell myself; I'm learning to love myself ( in a good way)
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday 10.12.2011 - What have you accomplished since your journey began that you could not do before? List as many accomplishments as you can think of!

1. Being committed to journaling my food and exercise each day.
    2. Not using one bad day as an excuse to throw in the towel for the rest of the week, month or year. (pick one)!
    3. Knowing that time for working out as a means for my better health is as important as anything else in my
    life. If I'm not healthy I can't possibly continue to take care of anyone or anything else.
    4. Loving water.
    5. Started c25k and couldn't run for over a minute at first.
    6. I have hope that I will succeed this time.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday 10.12.2011 - What have you accomplished since your journey began that you could not do before? List as many accomplishments as you can think of

I can fit into a pair of work slacks at a regular store (the limited since their clearance rack is so good) and the pants don't look dis-proportioned because they were cut for someone way taller. I used to have to buy lane bryant pants because even though i could technically squeeze into a 16 (sometimes.......and literal squeezing) they didn't fit right because they were cut for someone way taller.

My bra actually FITS now because I can buy the right size - before I had to go up a band size and down a cup size but then the cups never really fit well because they were shaped wrong. 34D/DD now - I hope to be a 32 when I am done.

I can walk all over disneyland with my friends without being at all tired- my feet don't even hurt.
  • 6eighteen11
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday 10.12.2011 - What have you accomplished since your journey began that you could not do before? List as many accomplishments as you can think of.

When I did my first day of 30DS, I felt like I was going to die, and took frequent breaks to catch my breath and chug water. Now I can make it through the whole thing without even a pause between each set! I'm holding myself accountable about the foods I eat. If I have a bad day and eat something I know I shouldn't, I make myself log it anyway. In the past I'd just pretend it didn't happen and say "I'll start logging for real tomorrow." I hope that as I continue down this path I'll have enough accomplishments that I can write up a whole list like some of you!!
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options

1. I have stuck to an exercise plan for more than a week!!!! Going into week 11 (straight) of Turbo Fire!!!!
    2. I don't whine or complain anymore about getting up at 6 am to exercise in the morning!
    3. I've moved 2 notches on my belt loop!
    4. I don't put myself down anymore!
    5. I pray.
    6. I've written in a journal (ONLY positive) things since my 40th birthday.
    7. I've continued to log my food every day (even when it's really really bad)
    8. I don't mind sweating anymore (and I sweat A LOT!)
    and.........
    9. I've set a new goal for myself....going into the second half of Turbo Fire (starting Monday 10 weeks to go) I am going to seriously try harder NOT to eat so much junk food, cheese, pizza, etc.....
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options

- I used to be tired all the time. I would get off work and just sit on the couch because I had no energy. Now I have more energy, and I sleep better at night because I work out every day.
    - When I first started working out I could only do about 7 minutes on the elliptical at a very slow pace. Now, I am up to 45 minutes, at 7.5 mph for the entire time.
    - I used to wear a size 16, and now I am on the verge of fittng into some of my old 10's
    - All my shirts were an XL, and the L's that I did have fit tight. Now I have to buy Mediums. I have never worn medium in my life, even when I was thin in college
    - I have stuck with an exercise regimine for more than two weeks (going on three months now)
    - I love water. I don't really ever crave anything else
    - When I have the munchies, I don't go straight for the chocolate drawer, I grad a piece of fruit.
    - My wedding rings fit really really tight, after getting them sized up 1.5 sizes. Now they are falling off
    - I lived in sweatpants, and they all fit tight. Now, when I put them on, they are loose and much more comfortable (like lounge clothes should be)
    - I had to get rid of 75% of my old clothes
    - Although I still don't like to have my picture taken, I am much less critical of myself in the ones that do get taken.
    - I used to change 5-6 times before I would leave for work in the morning. Now, I can pick anything out of my closet and wear it without worrying about it fitting correctly.

I am sure there are more, but this is a great list so far. It really feels good to see it all in writing. :)
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    QOTD Oct. 10, 2011: What is your self talk like (ie. critical, supportive, enabling, happy, etc.)? Are you aware of your self talk? If it's negative, what are you doing to change it?

I am trying very hard to talk to myself in nice terms. I have always been very critical and unkind to myself. Learning a new behavior is hard. My first reaction is to be very negative, then I find myself aware of it and I start to make better choices with how I talk to myself. It is not natural, but at least I am aware more than I use to be.

QOTD 10.11.11: Close your eyes and visualize yourself at your goal weight. When you look in the mirror, what do you see? What are you wearing? How do you feel?
    Jeans and a t-shirt without worrying about something hanging over the waistband or sucking something in. I feel confident and successful. I feel in control of myself.

Oh my gosh, push-ups, squats, wearing a size 6, liking myself in a photograph. All great things that I could not do before!

I have to catch up, I have been away until tonight. sorry! I also did not see the new thread til now!
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Awesome job on the week two losses. I feel like I am letting my team down. I am close to my goal weight and it just is not coming off like it did before. I heard stories about those last 10 pounds being the hardest, and now I believe them. Thanks Blue team for hanging in there with me. When I finally get past this plateau, I hope it helps us win one!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options

Getting under 200lbs was the biggest! Being able do do pushups (yes girly, but still I can do over 15 of them!) now. Going for a walk with the dog and not wanting to die.
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    QOTD 10.11.11: Close your eyes and visualize yourself at your goal weight. When you look in the mirror, what do you see? What are you wearing? How do you feel?

Wow, I see an hour glass figure. I see me in a fitted mini dress, showing my now toned arms. I am getting ready to go out with my, honey. I look and feel great!

I have my meals under control, no longer eating more than I need.
    I have been dedicated to working out going on 3months now.
    I have found new friends that are on my same path, and not criticizing me.
    I am stronger, and I have more endurance.
    and I AM LIKING WHAT I SEE IN THE MIRROR LATELY. (:
  • mariahhatfield
    Options

- I can do two regular push-ups, which is huge for me.
    - I used to feel crappy a lot, even though my diet was never terrible, I just used to eat too much.
    - I sleep better at night now that I'm so active throughout the day.
    - I don't position myself frequently when sitting anymore. (I still do occasionally, but it's cut down a lot)
    - I don't give in to cravings as often anymore. If I do, then I make a healthier choice.

I'm sure there's more, but that's a good list so far (:
  • tameko2
    Options

Getting under 200lbs was the biggest! Being able do do pushups (yes girly, but still I can do over 15 of them!) now. Going for a walk with the dog and not wanting to die.

if you can do 15 girly pushups you can probably do one regular one -- the way i moved up was I'd do as many regulars as I could (so like, 1 or 2 in the beginning) and then drop to my knees when I needed to and finsih them on my knees.
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

if you can do 15 girly pushups you can probably do one regular one -- the way i moved up was I'd do as many regulars as I could (so like, 1 or 2 in the beginning) and then drop to my knees when I needed to and finsih them on my knees.

Nice! I never thought about graduating to a regular push up... I was planning to do girly push ups for the rest of my life.... I have a goal guys! Watch out! You know how I get with goals! giggle.... ~high five~
  • 6eighteen11
    Options

Nice! I never thought about graduating to a regular push up... I was planning to do girly push ups for the rest of my life.... I have a goal guys! Watch out! You know how I get with goals! giggle.... ~high five~

You guys are all a step ahead of me! My elbows are double-jointed and push forward when I put weight on them. I've never been able to do a single proper push-up (even on my knees) because my arms just don't bend like they should.
  • ChatSournois
    Options
    I am so sorry that I'm so late in posting the replies..for the first two nights I kept looking in the old thread and wondering why there was no QOTD, doh!. Then I was so tired last night, that I crashed and burned.

QOTD Oct. 10, 2011: What is your self talk like (ie. critical, supportive, enabling, happy, etc.)? Are you aware of your self talk? If it's negative, what are you doing to change it?

I think I'm pretty optimistic by nature but that kind of works against me..in the past, I would probably justify the way I look now by saying that I'm a mother now or that I don't go to nightclubs anymore..so what, I'm still not happy with my figure!. Now, I think I'm being very STERN with myself and that's why I've been doing workouts most days. I'm liking the stern voice!

I see a tight stomach with a piercing. I see me wearing the pair of denim flares that still have the tags on them. I feel great, especially when I notice that the jeans are too loose, lol.

- I work out nearly every morning, after I drop my son to playschool. I also push myself harder and I'm not satisfied with less than 60 minutes lately.

- I'm sleeping a lot earlier during the week, which is great.

- I'm really watching my fruit/veg and water intake..and while it's not at all perfect, I think I'll get there. Some of you ladies are brillant at healthy eating so I'm enjoying reading your diaries!
  • Wfortner
    Wfortner Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Well, let me see...I have been on this since August 1st.....

--I can ALMOST run up the hill in my 1/2 mi long driveway, walking used to take my breath
    --One of the moves in the Wii Zumba I used to have to scream out loud "dont stop yet" because I felt like I was going to die before the time was up and we changed to another move...well, now I can smile through that move!!!!
    --Some of the Yoga moves I used to have to use a block to be able to do it...now I dont...AND some of the stretches I am using a block because I can reach farther!
    --I make time for me each day....to exercise and other things...
    --My XL workout pants are too long now because they are slipping down on my hips....(Love this one!)
    --I can fit in my old fav blue jeans!!
    --I can cook sooo many healthy meals now, I have learned lots of new recipes
    --I feel so much better about this body I am in :)
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thursday - Just posting a fun question for the day. If you woke up with a million dollars in your bank account tomorrow. What would be the first thing you do with the money?

For me, it would be to hire a personal chef. I wish now that I could afford pre-made fresh food to help me in my weight loss journey but I can't. I joined ediets for food menu suggestions but it doesn't help because I still do not have the time or patience to fix low calories healthy meals. :frown:
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thursday - Just posting a fun question for the day. If you woke up with a million dollars in your bank account tomorrow. What would be the first thing you do with the money?

Hire a cleaning service to come in once per week. I am a single parent and it is hard to get just the day to day activities done, let alone the really deep cleaning. I would love to have someone come in and do laundry, catch up the dishes, mop, clean the bathtub and toilets, etc., etc., etc. It would save me a lot of time and energy and I could spend more time with my son!

Although I love your idea of a personal chef!!!
  • tameko2
    Options

yeah! by the time you catch up we can start working on doing them with our legs elevated, or with a little hop off the ground (with your hands) when you come up, or up on pushup bars! You will be my pushup sister!! (I'm a big believer in exercises that work a lot of muscles at once - like pushups do arms, shoulders, chest, back, stomach, some lower body)
  • tartz66
    tartz66 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

The first thing I would do is pay off all of my bills!! Then I would buy a house on the lake.