Any college people in their 20's?? Needing MFP buddies :)

Options
Hello everyone, I joined MFP last week, but with no intentions of actually adding people or anything. Then, I realized it would be better if I communicated with people who were in the same boat as I am and to get advice from others. So a little about me...I am 22 and a senior at Stanislaus State. I work 31 hours a week and I am taking 15 units! I have a very busy schedule so squeezing in the gym three times a week is actually tough for me! So hopefully some of you out there can relate to me and we can give each other pointers and advice! Feel free to add or message me :)

Replies

• bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    HI!!! I actually live in Modesto, so we are close! I am a senior at Humphreys College, getting my Bachelors in Liberal Studies, then it's on to my Masters in Education. I am 28, with work, school, and family full time!!! I have to make some time for myself and my health though, its super important! What are your fitness goals?!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I posted a topic similar to this as well. If anyone wants to be friends, feel free to add me, too! :)
  • overzoelous
    overzoelous Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am! I'm a senior Biology major, working 30 hours a week. Adding friends is a great way to stay motivated and gives you great ideas! Feel free to add me or ask any questions! :D
  • nicole00lynn
    Options
    im a senior in acounting at uthe niversity of nebraska and i work part-timme too. after this ear its on to my masters. feel free to add me!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'll be 20 years old in December, I'm a college sophomore majoring in English with a Spanish minor.
    Having MFP friends is seriously what keeps me going on this site, so take advantage of that feature. People can be so motivating and encouraging. That being said, feel free to add me because I love having friends that are dealing with the same types of things I am (college, stress, work, studying etc).
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Hey I am 21! In college! and very much encouraging! Add me if ya like anyone :)
  • Nyrissa
    Nyrissa Posts: 40
    Options
    I was going to post a topic like this a few days ago. xD

I've also been looking for people to talk to in my age group. I think it's a little better that way because they are going through similar stuff and you can deal with it together.

Anyway, I am on the lowest end of your scale. I just turned 20 last month. I already graduated college in July though. But I am thinking about going back for a doctorate in pharmacology if I can get the money. :)

Feel free to message me or friend me if you want.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    im a senior in acounting at uthe niversity of nebraska and i work part-timme too. after this ear its on to my masters. feel free to add me!

Awesome! Congrats! I am a senior in psychology...After, on to get my masters in Applied Behavior Analysis - Psychology :)
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    23, nursing school! Everyone please feel free to add me.
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I will be 20 in a few months!! I'm in my second year, Psychology major and Anthro minor. Having friends on here is awesome, and it helps a lot to have some who are in similar life situations :)
    Anyone in this thread, please feel free to add me!
  • stephgreene
    Options
    I'm a 19 year old college sophomore! Anyone feel free to add :)
  • stephgreene
    Options
    I'm a 19 year old college sophomore! Anyone feel free to add :)
  • Tani316
    Tani316 Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm a senior but I'm taking a year off to earn final year's tuition. But last semester I had an hour break between classes on Tues./Thur. so I would go hard for about 30-35 minutes, clean up, and I had some bottled water and a healthy snack I could eat either before or sneak during class. Also I kept a small pouch with baby wipes, travel sized deodorant, lip gloss, etc. Trust me even if you don't workout it will be your best friend.
  • Jds063
    Jds063 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello Im 20 years old and a Management Information Systems major at Sam Houston state University. Feel free to add me guys :)
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, graduated from college, but work 40 hours a week, am about to pick up a second job, and still train in ballroom dance so in that way I'm still working on my certifications. I try to squeeze in ten hours or intense work out sessions in my sschedule. Even if I only get a half hour done, i shoot for workouts of some variety 5 or 6 days a week. So I DO understand time crunches! I'd love to have an add!
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    Hello Im a 22 year old Junior international business major and I absolutely love MFP. It's truly an amazing website and this is my first time trying to reach out to anyone on here (as I just discovered the forums about 2 days ago). I'm a fitness lover and nutrition is definitely a passion of mine. Ever since losing 75lbs 2 or so years ago I've just been so motivated to do bigger and better things with my life. I can talk for hours or give assistance/advice to anyone in need. I would also like to be able to do the same with other people bounce ideas off them, see if they've tried things Im planning on attempting in the future things like that. My names Michael Cirelli add me on Facebook if you wish (Im wearing a white v-neck and black hat in my profile picture). Just looking for more of a community atmosphere to discuss all my ideas regarding fitness and nutrition. Hope to hear from some of you!
  • econn
    econn Posts: 157
    Options
    hi :)) I'm a junior in college, 20 years old, studying physical therapy. feel free to add me! I need lots of motivation lately! and hope I can help others get on track with eating and exercising also!
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am a freshman in college, majoring in nursing. I work part-time right now, and yeah, I can understand the time crunch thingy. Anyone wanting to be friends,I am totally okay with that. Love MFP, and the motivation I receive on here.
  • bergebl03
    bergebl03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a college student as well. I am 20 and am a junior at UW-Whitewater. I'm taking 15 credits and work two jobs so I definitely understand how hard it can be to actually to go to the gym to get a good workout in
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    Hi, I'm 24 and in college with a very busy schedule as well. I can definitely relate. I started logging in my calories on here a few days ago and came to the same conclusion- that I would get so much more out of this experience if I had people to support me and to support in return. I think getting to the gym is the hardest part of all of this for me! Feel free to add me!