Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Eating Out

e11xoxo
e11xoxo Posts: 86
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
I wanted to share a piece of advise that a dietitian told me and I'm planning on using.

She said, that when I go to restaurants, I should immediately ask for a to go box. When I get my food I should put half of it in the to go box before I even start eating.

Restaurant dishes are normally A LOT more than one meal should be. PLUS it'll help me save money.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• e11xoxo
    e11xoxo Posts: 86
    I wanted to share a piece of advise that a dietitian told me and I'm planning on using.

She said, that when I go to restaurants, I should immediately ask for a to go box. When I get my food I should put half of it in the to go box before I even start eating.

Restaurant dishes are normally A LOT more than one meal should be. PLUS it'll help me save money.

:flowerforyou:
  • jord232002
    jord232002 Posts: 19 Member
    My husband and I often share a meal... We save lots of calories (and money) this way, too! You're right - almost all restaurants are overfeeding us!!
    Thanks for the tip!
    :smile:
  • Excellant Idea! Thanks for sharing
  • lobita44
    lobita44 Posts: 66 Member
    I did this last week...and they thought I was crazy! The waiter told me "I'll box up whatever you don't finish at the end"...I almost had to tackle him to get the to-go box! But, finally, he gave in!

Thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    That is a BRILLIANT idea! It really is, I will have to try this.:happy:

-Danielle
This discussion has been closed.