Eating Out

Options
I wanted to share a piece of advise that a dietitian told me and I'm planning on using.

She said, that when I go to restaurants, I should immediately ask for a to go box. When I get my food I should put half of it in the to go box before I even start eating.

Restaurant dishes are normally A LOT more than one meal should be. PLUS it'll help me save money.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• e11xoxo
    e11xoxo Posts: 86
    Options
    I wanted to share a piece of advise that a dietitian told me and I'm planning on using.

She said, that when I go to restaurants, I should immediately ask for a to go box. When I get my food I should put half of it in the to go box before I even start eating.

Restaurant dishes are normally A LOT more than one meal should be. PLUS it'll help me save money.

:flowerforyou:
  • jord232002
    jord232002 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My husband and I often share a meal... We save lots of calories (and money) this way, too! You're right - almost all restaurants are overfeeding us!!
    Thanks for the tip!
    :smile:
  • shuttletat
    Options
    Excellant Idea! Thanks for sharing
  • lobita44
    lobita44 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I did this last week...and they thought I was crazy! The waiter told me "I'll box up whatever you don't finish at the end"...I almost had to tackle him to get the to-go box! But, finally, he gave in!

Thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    That is a BRILLIANT idea! It really is, I will have to try this.:happy:

-Danielle