30 day shred

Options

Replies

• tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Hello All,

I have been doing this workout for 4 days. I joined the 30 day shred challenge on MFP to see if we could do it for 30 days straight and see the results. I like it but it's challenging. I am doing the modified push up and I would like to get where I can do them full out. I will do the shred in the morning and something else at night. I made the mistake of doing her in the morning and bob at night so sore. my arms hurt right now!!!

Someone typed on her this morning that they did it for 30 days and didn't get the results they wanted. that made me nervous but I'm going to keep pushing.

? How are you guys logging the workout on her. I was doing 20 mins of low impact cardio

You can buy it at walmart for 10

keep shredding
  • AshAndrews
    Options
    Hey Tjones -- thanks for your post! I am also trying to do it for 30 days straight to see what kinds of results I can get. I've done two days now. I try to do some sort of training at night, too. My arms are ridiculously sore! I can't do the "real" push up yet, either. I am also nervous about not getting the results, but the results of doing this for 20 minutes a day have to be better than the results from not doing it, right???

I logged it as 20 minutes of circuit training. Does that make sense?

Where is the challenge at?
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM while doing it. I've done 9 days of the program. My calories burned ranged from 175-210. I use five pounds weights and am at just under 200 pounds.
  • tjones7
    Options
    Hey Tjones -- thanks for your post! I am also trying to do it for 30 days straight to see what kinds of results I can get. I've done two days now. I try to do some sort of training at night, too. My arms are ridiculously sore! I can't do the "real" push up yet, either. I am also nervous about not getting the results, but the results of doing this for 20 minutes a day have to be better than the results from not doing it, right???

I logged it as 20 minutes of circuit training. Does that make sense?

Where is the challenge at?

um...the challenge was on here but there hasn't been much replies lately. they might have started a new thread and left me out...lol but it was under exerise and fitness but I can do the challenge with you if you would like. today is my 7th day. and I'm planning to move to level 2 tonight wish me luck.
    good luck to you
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    OMG, I did my first day of this yesterday. :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: Literally thought I was going to die! hahahhahhahha! BUT, I pulled through... ALL the way! I laid on the floor for about 15 minutes after; not able to move, then had jelly legs for the rest of the night! LOL!

I must say though I feel SO good though! Tired, but good!

dumbells.gif
  • AmyLou9903
    Options
    Ooohhhh, I just ordered this after reading thread after thread about how awesome this video is. I have a class reunion in 9 weeks and COUNTING and I need to drop some pounds pretty fast (think 2 lbs a week fast--not toooo fast, but faster than my body would appreciate!).

I also ordered one of her other newest videos that came out called Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism that also promises awesome results.

I have been working on a couch to 5k program for the last 2.5 weeks and seeing ZIP for results, so I'm hoping this will amp things up. I'll definitely keep everyone posted. I plan to rotate it in at least 3 days a week for the next 8 weeks.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    OMG, I did my first day of this yesterday. :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: Literally thought I was going to die! hahahhahhahha! BUT, I pulled through... ALL the way! I laid on the floor for about 15 minutes after; not able to move, then had jelly legs for the rest of the night! LOL!

dumbells.gif

Its a very insane workout!!! And not being able to stop through the dvd makes it seem even worse!!! But you'll find your self loving it after doing it a few times...
  • pipinana
    Options

dumbells.gif

Its a very insane workout!!! And not being able to stop through the dvd makes it seem even worse!!! But you'll find your self loving it after doing it a few times...

Oh, I know!! The weights in the last section there really got me!! Up and down, up and down..... hahaha, I was grunting and groaning, and the entire time the DH was in the other room laughing at me! LOL

Are you doing it everyday? I decided I'm only going to do it M-W-F w/ Bob's Yoga DVD on T-Th. I'm going to make a six week program out of it, and do each level for two weeks rather than one....
  • pipinana
    Options
    Ooohhhh, I just ordered this after reading thread after thread about how awesome this video is. I have a class reunion in 9 weeks and COUNTING and I need to drop some pounds pretty fast (think 2 lbs a week fast--not toooo fast, but faster than my body would appreciate!).

I also ordered one of her other newest videos that came out called Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism that also promises awesome results.

I have been working on a couch to 5k program for the last 2.5 weeks and seeing ZIP for results, so I'm hoping this will amp things up. I'll definitely keep everyone posted. I plan to rotate it in at least 3 days a week for the next 8 weeks.

Oh, I'll have to check out that video once I get tired of the 30 day one..... Sounds good! Good luck at your reunion BTW! :)
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I've done 10 workouts of it so far (8x level 1, 2x level 2). I've lost 6 pounds so far.
  • pipinana
    Options
    :noway: Wow.... WOW!!! That got me wicked excited! 6lbs aye? More reasons for me to keep it up!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! :flowerforyou:
  • tjones7
    Options
    yes. I'm on my second day of level 2 and it's hard but i feel good. I'm worried about my neighbors because the plank jumping jacks require me to make a lot of noise. I'm just hoping that i look and feel shredded in 30 days.
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am on my second week of the shred I have lost 5 pds. I realy think the best part of the video is how you feel:happy: !!! I also think that instead of just measuring by wght you should measure yourself. I actualy have seen bigger result from my measurment then I have by wght!!! I also have been getting compliments like crazy even by the people I live with. They can see the differance and it feels AWESOME!!! I do it every night m-f. I was told however that in order to loose the body fat I am concerned about in my thighs and stomach I will need to introduce more cardio. I am starting to walk 15 min during lunches to see what happens. Good Luck everyone and Keep up the awesome work!!
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I ordered this for my daughter and I on 3/30 after reading so many good reviews on here about it and I am so excited to get started:bigsmile: :bigsmile: . The only thing is...it will not be shipped until 4/6:sad: :sad: . It also comes with two more if Jillians dvds but I can't remember the name of them. Hope everyone the best:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: .
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Mine should be here today. Can't wait to start after reading how well everyone is doing using this dvd. Thanks Amy B for the approximate calorie burn. I have a heart rate monitor but it does not give me any ideas how many calories that I burn.
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    I am starting this DVD today! I have heard SO many good things about it :-) I have had it for about one week and I was waiting to start til today (the beginning of a new month) to see how I did. I also have another DVD I will do at night. Hopefully with eating well and working out with these (along with the gym wen I can) I will see a change!
  • pipinana
    Options
    We should start a group or something... Seeing how so many of us are just starting. What do you ladies think?
  • AmyLou9903
    Options
    I think starting a new group sounds good! I don't know when my DVD will come (hasn't shipped yet) but I'm definitely up for it! It will be good motivation!

OH, I forgot to ask--are 4 lb hand weights enough? Thanks!
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    We should start a group or something... Seeing how so many of us are just starting. What do you ladies think?

I think that is a great idea. I should get mine sometime next week. I will let you know. Will we do it on this thread or another one?
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    OH, I forgot to ask--are 4 lb hand weights enough? Thanks!

If you're not used to strength training, 4 lbs will be more than enough. I use 3 lb and with some of the exercises, the arm lifts for example, it kills! But the undersides of my arms are a lot more tone for the effort :smooched: