Fat and Fatter - Wow

Options
(Sorry if this is the wrong spot).

I hope everyone participating in this show learns a lot in the process, I for one can use it as a barometer of my progress - I could never eat like this anymore (maybe ever in the case of some of the meat dishes)! Woah!

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/698001

Replies

• ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    boo, only aussies can view it..:(
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Gah, can't find it online anywhere! It's British if that helps.

But I'll give you a description, 2 decidedly overweight young women from England who have no desire to change their eating habits are being taken on a tour of fat families of the world. Episode one, they stay with a very overweight Mississippi family where they get fed copious quantities of soul food and realise what difficulties their overweight hosts live with (things like not being able to reach their feet to put on shoes or lift their arms high enough to reach the back of the head). The soul food dinner looked very overwhelming to me, like a christmas feast for dinner, every day. And the next day, they eat out in a diner where one of the hosts puts salt on fruit!

PS That's how I feel most of the time except it's "boo, only Americans can watch" ha ha
  • 1a1a
    Options
    Almost finished a whole episode, still entirely pleased that I stumbled on this, although it seems the rest of the world hates it http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/fat-and-fatter-usa--january-5-20110103-19dfd.html
  • 13Natty
    13Natty Posts: 57
    Options
    The Man In The Mirror :-)
  • 1a1a
    Options
    Yay for that man. That bit where those women are talking about all their relatives lost to diabetes, very, very sad, said simply, no sugar coating.
  • paperlily
    paperlily Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just watched the first episode and wow, very moving.I didn't think it was going to get to me as much as it did actually! I would love to hear more about how some of the people involved are going, I almost wish I had a way to contact them just to send support.
  • 1a1a
    Options
    Definitely an element of sadness to it. I don't think there is any follow up which is a bit selfish of the producers really, they get to exploit the participants for the purposes of entertainment, they could at least offer them funds to get help with diet and lifestyle.
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am going to try to google this and see if there isn't a version I can watch.