Zumba

Options
Hey guys!
I'm going to start Zumba today!! I looked in the exercise tab, and it wasn't listed.
For those of you who do this program, what do you search for/ log it as?
Thanks!!

Replies

• allymorin
    Options
    ugh i know!
  • anitavacation2
    Options
    I looked around, it looks like high impact aerobics might be the closest. I entered it myself and prob low-balled myself at 500 calories. I'm an instructor, so I'm usually giving 100% to get the class to give me all they got. I'm really wanting to buy a gadget to measure my actual burn!
  • jennadaniele
    jennadaniele Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You supposedly burn up to 550 calories in 1 hour of Zumba per La Fitness site, so I made a workout, named it Zumba and voila! Hope that helps.
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    Dancing, aerobic, ball room

it's listed as something like that and it's pretty accurate
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    www.zumbacalories.com

Work it out here and then list it as aerobics or something.
  • mammacado
    Options
    Jessamin, great tool! Thanks!
    :happy:
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    So how did you like zumba? I tried it for the first time yesterday and I was exhausted half way through, sweating like it was my job, and I'm not sore today :wink:
    It's going to be my regular Wednesday night workout from now on!
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    www.zumbacalories.com

Work it out here and then list it as aerobics or something.

This is the site I used and I created an exercise and named it zumba
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I created an excercise as "Drunk ape attempting to tap dance while wearing roller skates" b/c that's what I look like when I Zumba. I also wear a HRM strap to get a better idea of how many calories I burn. I average between 700-900 per hour.
  • luxuryisntcheap
    Options
    So how did you like zumba? I tried it for the first time yesterday and I was exhausted half way through, sweating like it was my job, and I'm not sore today :wink:
    It's going to be my regular Wednesday night workout from now on!

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I found the Zumba calories website works well. I think its going to be one of my new regular workouts. It works every part of your body, and no you don't feel tired or sore from it. It kicks your *kitten* though.

Thanks again, and good luck to you! :heart:
    ~ luxuryisntcheap
  • TLP22
    TLP22 Posts: 4
    Options
    Love Zumba!! My weight trainer suggested to list it under Aerobics, dance, ballet.....tab. Hope this helps!! I think it's best to low ball your calorie burn than list it higher than it possibly is. Therefore, more weight loss than not! Good Luck!
  • tlc4ever
    tlc4ever Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the zumba calories website. I just started and I too feel like a dufus when I'm doing it, but I feel great after!

I've been using youtube videos at home. It's a little less embarrassing when you do it alone.
  • ohsogoodfitness
    Options
    Congrats, it's a blast. Especially with a good teacher! after you are comfortable with the step sequence, really move your whole body! I found it online and entered in the exersize cataegory. I thought it posted for all to see. shoot! I'll look and see what mine is.
  • ohsogoodfitness
    Options
    30 mins. 241 calories. hope that helps.
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    I created an excercise as "Drunk ape attempting to tap dance while wearing roller skates" b/c that's what I look like when I Zumba. I also wear a HRM strap to get a better idea of how many calories I burn. I average between 700-900 per hour.
    hahaha, hey, as long as you're having fun & keep moving! That's all that matters! :)
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    ok. I thought that they added it. I have been using it. do I have something everyone else doesn't? When I first came back to MFP, I looked and they didn't have it. A couple of weeks ago I searched again and it came up. I put in 55 minutes the other day and it came out to about 650 calories. Seems about right.
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist

I find this one to be the most accurate for recording Zumba