low in calorie desserts? helpp.

Options
can't find much..cant have chocolate or any type of caffeine since im becoming a mommy soon :] thank you so much guys!

Replies

• TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Fruit salad. Berries with sugar free whipped cream. sugar free pudding. nuts (blue diamond has a butter toffee flavored almond that's awesome!)
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Berries with whipped cream
  • christineanne8
    Options
    Saw this recipie on a Hungry Girl show (food network show with low cal recipies). Cinnamon rice cake, then put 1 tbsp of fat free cool whip, then sprinkle some cinnamon, then another rice cake, another tbsp of cool whip, then a little cinnamon on top. Then put it in the freezer for 10-ish minutes, then eat it. I use chocolate rice cakes, but they come in tons of flavors. All in 140 calories, and it's a frozen fat free ice cream sandwich type thing. Had one last night! :)
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I like popsicles. Edy's has some great fruit ones. I also like strawberries with greek yogurt.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Unless your Dr. says you can't have caffeine or chocolate there's nothing wrong with it in moderation when your pregnant. I had 2 cups of coffee daily up until the morning my water broke.

Frozen berries in cool whip or chipped cream, I love Fiber One Brownies, or even some warmed spiced apple cider or tea.
  • jiggs31
    jiggs31 Posts: 117
    Options
    hartleys jellies in a pot - they are yum especially the passionfruit one
  • ThinspiredButterfly
    ThinspiredButterfly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. i did ask my doctor.no caffeine for me :[
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I like to have a smear of peanut butter on graham crackers or granola bars for desert sometimes. The fruit and whipped cream is awesome too!
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    hartleys jellies in a pot - they are yum especially the passionfruit one

I'm another fan of the Hartleys low fat jellies, and only 9 cals a pot :glasses:
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of a little bit of strawberry preserves/jam (you can find lower calorie ones) or nutella on a toasted light english muffin. So sweet and really hits the spot.

definitely refer to http://www.hungry-girl.com/ for any kind of delicious swap you can think of
  • wendybird2
    wendybird2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you like cooking and want to try something creative, check out Chocolate Covered Katie' s "healthy dessert blog" here:

chocolatecoveredkatie.com/chocolate-covered-recipes/

I've been meaning to try the "chocolate chip cookie dough dip" made with chickpeas--basically a dessert hummus!

Also, some of her oatmeal recipes are fantastic!
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    If you like cooking and want to try something creative, check out Chocolate Covered Katie' s "healthy dessert blog" here:

I've been meaning to try the "chocolate chip cookie dough dip" made with chickpeas--basically a dessert hummus!

Her blog is truly awesome, I have tried the cookie dough. It's really really good!
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Freeze a bunch of peeled (ripe) bananas then blend them in a high-powered blender. It tasted JUST like ice cream.

You can add some type of milk if you want a shake instead

You can also freeze the banana on a chopstick and coat in carob and chopped nuts. (I personally think carob sucks but some people like it instead of chocolate)

I'm also a fan of the popsicle idea.

Also:

This sounds grotesquely fantastic...
  • mdfeller
    mdfeller Posts: 135
    Options
    If you like cupcakes,

1 box sugar free yellow cake mix
    1 20 oz can crushed pineapple (including the juice)

Mix and bake according to time/temp on box.

68 cals a cupcake!!!!
  • wendybird2
    wendybird2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ok, here's the cookie dough dip recipe:

Cookie Dough Dip

1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained) (250g)
    1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
    tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
    2 tsp pure vanilla extract
    1/4 cup nut butter (You can get away with using only 3 T)
    up to 1/4 cup milk (Start with 1 T, and add more as needed)
    Sweetener to taste (stevia, agave, or a dash of brown sugar)
    1/3 cup chocolate chips
    2 to 3 T oats (or flaxmeal) (You can omit, but also omit the milk if you do)

Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a blender or food processor, and blend until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips.
  • awaito
    awaito Posts: 18
    Options

Her blog is truly awesome, I have tried the cookie dough. It's really really good!

Do you guys know if this is in the food database??? I would love to try it but i need to stick to the plan or else it isn't worth my time because i won't follow it properly :)
  • myflagstix
    myflagstix Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is really a salad but I eat it when I need something sweet:

1 container fat free cottage cheese
    1 container fat free cool whip
    1 box sugar free jello ( my favorite is lime)

Mix all together and chill. Run the recipe to check your calories. Should be around 150 per serving.