Calories needed decreasing?

Options
Just wanted to verify this with others. As I lose weight, my net calorie goal decreases a little bit at a time. This is supposed to be the way it works, correct? Thats what I'm thinking, since my BMR should decrease as I lose weight.

Just wanted to make sure that I'm doing it right.

Glad I started using this site, and I'm already closing in on my half-way point!

Thanks for the help and support.

Replies

• vtempes
    vtempes Posts: 47
    Options
    Yup that is precisely how it works!!! Nice progress!
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yup! It does it every 10 pounds, I think.
  • StevenCabral
    StevenCabral Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's right. After I lost 30 pounds MFP recalculated my daily calories to 1300. My I began at 197 now I weigh 163, my goal is 155.
  • jamielee0704
    jamielee0704 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    yeh, mine went down when i lost 20lbs. but i have to pay attention to my activity level too, because on average i burn 2500 cals a day with my lfiestyle, but my base calorie intake is only 1200. So in order to not "starve" i have to make sure i keep track of everything. I found out that i wasn't eating enough and therefore, everything i was doing was useless.
    Way to go on closing in on that goal! tracking really makes all the difference! well done!
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Your BMR should decrease as you *lose muscle*. The calculation for a BMR is done using your lean mass. So, your caloric intake should increase as you lose fat and gain muscle.