gained about 3 pounds grrrr

Options
ok so I have been eating less moving more, doing water aerobics and strength training with no more than 15 pounds of weight. I have stayed under my calorie goals and have lost 27 pounds since i started this journey on September 13th, 2011 so wth?

I keep tryng to convince myself that It's muscle :D I hope to God its muscle and that I can start moving the scale again. You can see my diary and maybe I'm making stupid mistakes in the combo of what I am eating anyway its soooooo frustrating need some advice and thanks.

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    So you have lost roughly 7 lbs/week? I'm confused as to what you're upset about. That's awesome! The gain is likely water weight...
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Don't give up!
  • rosboss
    Options
    Hang in there and breathe! Your body moves up and down...it could be muscle (which is likely), it could be that you drank a little less water yesterday or you haven't been getting enough sleep. Don't let this discourage you. Keep doing what you're doing...logging your food, eating less, exercising...and watch what happens. If after a week your weight doesn't budge, take a deeper look and see some patterns.

The main thing...breathe, relax, and be patient and reflect on how well you've been doing.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Just to give you an idea, it takes a man roughly a month or solid working out with weights to gain 2-3 lbs of muscle. More than likely what you are dealing with is water.

I have a natural weight spike every saturday of 5 lbs. I haven't figured out why but Friday I reach my lowest weight and then saturday it spikes 5 lbs and has since beginning of september when I started keeping close track. It's mostly water.
  • sixpacking
    sixpacking Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    female weight can fluctuate between 1-8 lbs from certain days to weeks due to water retention and crazy hormones combination. Our best accurate weight is right after our menstrual cycle when the body is about 95% normal from water retention and crazy hormones. For females who are 20+lbs overweight, its best to use measurements as a guide of accomplishment. Stay away from the scale. Most people who are overweight can easily lose 8-10 lbs in 5-7 days when starting a diet and workout routine, its very encouranging, but the reality is, most of that is water weight.
  • sixpacking
    sixpacking Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    By the way, someone above mentioned that muscles weighs more than fat, that is inaccurate. Muscle and fat weigh the same, 1lb of muscles is the same as 1lb of fat. Now, the difference is that muscle is more dense than fat, so a person who weighs 150lbs but has a lower LBM (lean body mass) will look leaner than the opposite, but still weigh the same as the opposite.
  • dlsfarris
    dlsfarris Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I think it may be water too. Im not upset really just frustrated. But I am still in it to win it :P