On the way to Insanity

Options
I have had a total brainstorm and agreed to do Insanity with one of my fantastic MFP buddies, which even though the thought of it scares me as it looks absolutely ridiculously crazy in the video clips, I will do it as I won't let her down :smile:

I am currently doing Gillian Michaels 30 day shred which I love (thanks Faery7 for organising, as without you and our team of shredders I probably wouldn't always have the motivation to do it every day :flowerforyou: )

I am then considering GM's Ripped in 30.

Would this be a good progression or would you do Turbo Fire as well ?

The challenge is scheduled to start Boxing Day so I have about 11 weeks to build myself up ready to be tortured :happy:

Any tips and advice more than appreciated

Thanks
:smile:

Replies

• ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity for about 3 weeks during the Spring. I had to stop though since the DVD was borrowed and she wwanted it back. Talk about being a sweaty mess, but the effects were AWESOME. I am actually going to buy it soon so that will be my winter workout!
  • wolfcounty
    Options
    i dont know about 30 day shred, or turbofire. but. i did do p90x and I am on my last 3 days of insanity. I was by no means a fitness junkie before either of these things, but I am quickly becoming one. I would not recommend insanity to someone who was not working out at all, but since you are, i say go for it! It is amazing. It is difficult, but with in reason. It is all about pushing yourself to the limit. SAFELY. lol

I honestly think it was life changing for me. It has helped me push beyond my previous physical AND mental boundaries.
    amazing for will power.
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    i star insanity this weekend regularlly
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Well, I can say that its up to your cardio level. If you can get thru the 11 minute "warm up" then I think you'll be ok. The DVDs are a BEAST! I did them twice...got the results that I wanted and now I am just staying within maintenance.

I did 2 rounds of P90x first...then I did Insanity twice. When I went back to P90x, I actually found it too easy and boring. That being said, Insanity definitely pushes you to your limit. GOOD LUCK!!!
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    i did insanity for 35 out of the 45 mins of the pure cardio dvd i had to take a few breaks inbetween but im gonna kill myself and do it again
  • cathyg18
    cathyg18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are on our 2nd month of the Insanity program and LOVE IT! As one post above said, you become a sweaty mess and I love it! I get a much better workout with that program then I ever got from the gym. And loving the results!
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Monday will start my last week on my run through Insanity. The first four weeks (which are tough) are a cake-walk compared to the last four weeks. You have to push yourself on the first part so that you can keep up with the intensity of the second part when it comes.

Good luck with it. You can do it.
  • CarlyC08
    Options
    I would like to try insanity again also, maybe I can join you? I definitely need to build up my cardio a bit (well, a lot!) first but I don't have any other videos other than my free Netflix ones!
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies :smile:

You are convincing me that it isn't quite as bad as I have imagined, although I could be disillusioned (will let you know) :smile:

In fact, I am quite looking forward to it now as I love a challenge :happy:
  • vinnysgirl
    Options
    I would like to try insanity again also, maybe I can join you? I definitely need to build up my cardio a bit (well, a lot!) first but I don't have any other videos other than my free Netflix ones!

Of course you can join in if you still want to when we start - you have got 11 weeks to build your self up ready - you have been warned ............... :happy:
  • JayByrd107
    Options
    One more thing - for the first month, I'd do extra push-ups (outside of the video) to get better at those if you aren't already comfortable with a lot of them consecutively. Shaun has you doing a lot of those in the second half. My friends and I have renamed "max interval plyo" to "max interval push-up".
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    those push-ups are a B!! but i'm gettiin better. just a coup more weeks left of Insanity for me:)
  • vinnysgirl
    Options
    Thanks for the warning, I can only do girly push ups at the moment (on my knees, legs crossed in the air behind me) does he let you substitute and easier alternative or is he tougher and less forgiving than Jillian Michaels ? :smile:
  • SraM562
    SraM562 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im currently on my third week in and I have to say this is the toughest work I have done. I have done P90X and i though that was challenging but I have to say that even though Insanity is tough. I love how i feel after a workout. Just gotta KEEP PUSHING and at the end im sure I will be happy with the results. Good luck everyone. :happy:
  • vanmoose
    vanmoose Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this program!!! My Wife and I are on our second month and we have seen such an improvement. When we first started, it kicked our butts now we can keep up!! I say "Go For It!!!" you'll be glad you did!! Good luck and enjoy Your results!!
  • balibee146
    balibee146 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    hey VG you are the best. i am the MFP she agreed to do it with and...she agreed before she had checked out what Insanity is.

VG you are the best and I know we'll get through it I'm scared too! i ahve been doing Turbo Fire and it has been great for upping my cardio levels. tae Bo would probably do similar.

Can't wait for Boxing Day :)

xxxx
  • JayByrd107
    Options
    Yes, you can do modifications of most moves. He allows and even encourages it on quite a few.